View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 07:38 PM   #472
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Yep, I am totally up for doing that and hopefully thats all it turns out I need to do; a little buzzing and some paint.
Some shaving of the e-brake stuff might need to happen, but I'll cross that bridge if I need to. I spent some time on the corvette forums (since they run these C4 corvette style brakes) and did read that some people indeed had to grind down some cooling fins. Some of their posts were pretty old and even though they used a jegs ssr star wheel, those star wheels were designed different back then ... if you guys remember my old front jegs star skinnies, the whole backside of the wheels was bigger and bulkier. But just this past year when I bought the replacement jegs star skinnies, the new design/mold of both the front and the back is different and less bulky. So the old posts I read were kind of useless...and basically I will just have to order the wheels and mount them up to find out.

Placing the order for the new wheels/tires before the end of tonight.

..... last bit about the wheels. but back in the Fall I had a chance to try out my buddy John's rear drag wheels which were a 15" diameter wheel and running a Hoosier Quick Time Pro tire which measured 27x10.5 15-LT . I was curious about overall height and also about inner wheel fitment of a 15" wheel with my brakes. The calipers cleared by just a very slight bit, but his backspacing was about 5.25" and I had contact between the parking brake brackets and the inner barrel of his wheel...even left a small scratch. I know its a different wheel and design, but that's all I really have to go off of.

Photos of his wheels

His wheel next to the wheels I ran for the past two years 27" vs 26"

Took the car out to fill up the gas tank with 93 since its been low on fuel all winter. Got into the throttle a bit and left some tire smoke trails in the process, with no hood on. Car ran good and exhaust sounds good. Header wrap is still smoking a tiny bit, hopefully that goes away soon, it gives off a unique smell. When i got home, despite the roaring wind, a few neighbors lent a hand and we got the hood back on the car too.

Boxed up one of the two Stroud 5-point safety harnesses and I am sending it back to Stroud for a re-certification since my SFI on those harnesses expires June 2022. $65 plus shipping.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 02-27-2022 at 07:51 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote