View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 03:15 PM   #77
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
If you are sticking with a car that will be raced more than straight line stuff the nascar style double door bars is a good idea. The chances of another car trying to introduce itself to your body is higher in that aspect of racing. Pretty popular on protouring stuff.
very true. I will have a discussion with Mike and Randy at S&W when I drop the car off in a few weeks. If they think the double door bar is overkill, I wont do it. For me it was more about chassis rigidity since I do plan to keep the swing-out bars out of the car most of the time and only put them in when I am doing a track event.

spoke to Pat at Nyes Racing engines again today. valvoline 15-40 VR1 oil is his strong recommendation. I decided not to get a high capacity oil pan because I have read on thirdgen.org that the dyno-don's headers/y-pipe will not work with a non-stock oil pan... and I plan to reuse my dynodons setup for at least this next upcoming year. Dart SHP block will use a factory configured water pumps as well as factory style motor mounts. he will have the cam spec'd to provide good vacuum for the street and i should not need a vacum booster for the brakes. the static compression ratio will be around 10.4:1 or 10.5:1 and will run on 93 octane fuel. the engine will make awesome mid range hp as opposed to high rpm power. the engine will be given a full break-in while at their shop and then afterwards it will be put on their dyno and tuned. I requested videos and photos and he said sure thing.

engine order was placed today and payment was made for the bulk of it. it will arrive at my doorstep in about 4-5 weeks.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote