View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 08:25 PM   #95
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

thanks man. I eliminated the slack loop idea. I still may generate some slack when i finally mount all of the wiring down, so that should give some play for future roll bar install.

today I bought 75 feet of 1 gauge wire, in red.* Bruce did not have any 1 gauge in black, and for some reason the black was going to be almost twice the price for the same size 1 gauge wire if they had to order it.* so I just got 75 feet of 1 gauge red. I will clearly label it as " - ground" with the new label maker I bought, every foot or so once I finally mount the cable in the car.*

today I also bought a 200 amp re-settable optifuse weatherproof circuit breaker to install in-line between the alternator and where that line connects to the kill switch.* it will be about 18" away from the kill switch. (does this sound right, is this the correct type of circuit breaker?!).* I also bought a red junction block/jump post that I will be mounting up in the area where the battery USED to be. it will have the battery feed line terminal, the starter feed terminal (both 1 gauge 3/8 hole) and then a smaller gauge terminal/wire that will go to a smaller distribution block nearby, that I can run all my positive leads and relays positive wires to ..(taking them off of the starter's lug, and also for MSD box, and nitrous relay).*

I laid out the 1 gauge cable throughout the car, cut it to length, and labeled it.* I put shrink wrap onto the cable loosely, prior to cutting off the insulation on the ends, and loosely installing the 3/8 terminals* (I used a 5/16" hole terminal for the alternator connection, its smaller).*I tried to "clock" them accordingly, so that once they are crimped, the wire wont need to be twisted to have the terminal sit flush. tomorrow I will go to the speed shop and use his hydraulic press to crimp all these terminals on.* then i can run the wire in the car and secure it down.*

I will NOT be using those taylor battery post mounts in the photo. instead I am using the ones just to the left that are crimp on style, instead of the taylor screw-together style.

the last thing I need to buy (i think.. I hope) is the longacre 4 post weatherproof high-capacity kill switch* part number*52-45791* * *.anyone have any thoughts or other recommendations*on this switch? or else I'll buy it tonight.*

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote