View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 07:00 PM   #52
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

ok, will do

ok, phew. it is NOT the rear main seal. there was oil higher up on the backside of the engine and some in the front trickling down by the manifold area.* I pulled the old PCV valve off my 305 TPi valve cover and rigged up a TEMPORARY PVC valve setup which T's into the brake booster line and then both go into the back of the sniper.* after wiping down the oil, I did a 20 minute test drive and came back and no smoking from the one remaining breather. pcv valve is sucking well, but the grommet is a little loose,and I do still want to test this setup more. but hopefully this will prevent positive crankcase issues causing the oil leaks up by the intake.* hopefully I don't have to re-seal anything?* my brakes are a little less grabby, as to be expected,* *this is a tradeoff for sharing the vacum port right?* any other options ?

Untitled by David Martin, on Flickr

while I was out for my test drive, the UPS guy came and dropped off the replacement (shorter) trans dipstick. while the engine cooled down I installed it.* My longer one is now up for sale. make an offer if you want it before I put it on ebay and the classifieds.*

I checked timing again. base timing at idle is 14-15 deg.* Help me out here if I am doing something wrong.* So, my Innova timing light is set at ZERO and I am reading 15 deg on the balancer. right? right.* Then i push the up button on the timing light till it gets to 38 deg, right? next I shoot the light at the balancer while revving up the engine to around 3,500 rpms.* I can't get a steady flashing reading, it just flashes all over.* *should I not be dialing the timing light up?* am I doing something wrong?

I also played around with the IAC and throttle position settings as per the manual and recommended by others. Had the car plenty warm, (see video) in neutral, and TPS sensor was at 0 deg. My IAC starts high and sometimes levels off lower, but later on it will become high again. I fiddles with the adjuster screw and got it to between 2-10 on the handheld display.* this made it run badly ,and in fact it would stall out whenever I would go to give it throttle...* engine stalls out/off in the video.* *during the test drive, if I stabbed the throttle, it wold buck and hesitate for a second, then wind up and go.* it was not doing this earlier today... it would just go.*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imz6jIJN-sU

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote