View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 11:13 AM   #109
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Matt: So, this is a topic I am still slightly confused about. I thought I had the VE fuel table set up well for my June 6th T&T event (see previous posts and log info back a page or so) Turns out that by pass 9,10, and 11 on that day my Cl comp was maxed out and I was running the engine lean. Didnt know that the Learn table was wanting lots of fuel up top, and I didnt know to "apply learn" since I did not have a laptop that day so I had no idea until I came home at night and looked at the data.... So, for the T&T session this past Friday, I had the laptop and checked the Cl comp during the run after each pass as well as the learn table. My first pass showed large negative numbers on the learn table, so i took fuel out and the table had a range of 110-112 in the WOT area. made another pass and then saw very low Single digits on the learn table, like in a range of -0.2 to +3 at most. I was happy to see this. I applied learn once and watched it barely change throughout the next few passes. I did not bother changing the CL comp or the Learn % limits from 25% and 30% respectivley, because i saw it was only making very small changes. Now that the tune/table is getting more dialed in, I plan on lowering the CL comp to 10% and the Learn to 5% (in certain rpm areas). Thoughts?
- my confusion comes from my CL comp adding its 20% max allowed fuel limit to the 117 range in the VE table a few weeks ago, to now it wanting only 112-113 in those same cells and having very small Cl comp numbers? why would it want more fuel weeks ago, to now wanting less fuel ?
-I downloaded my GCF from the ecu last night as I wanted to compare it to my GCF I had before a eekend of drag racing and autoX and street/highway driving. I took a 2 minute glance at it using the "comparison tool" on the holley software and there were some changes but nothign significant. So now, I think I am getting real close to locking the tune down and turning the LEarn % limits down real low. thoughts?

-I did check plugs during the event and from what I can see, no metal specks on the porcelain, fuel ring looks proper, ignition timing marks are just after the curve of the ground strap. ...but I didnt really see a significant power gain, going from 32 deg timing to 35.5 deg.

Beggs: There were two autocross events at MetLife this weekend, but they were on different days. Sunday was with the SCCA and this one got sold out real quick when registration opened. I was put on a wait list, but instead decided to abandon hope of getting a call-up, and I signed up for the event on Saturday with the MSNE group. This one only had 60 cars. We were in lot L, and it was right nearby where the outdoor Flea-market was being held....so there was trash and stuff blowing across the course when the wind picked up at times. I knew you lived nearby, but didnt know ya were that close, cool. If I sign up for another event anytime soon I'll let you guys all know. It sure is fun, even getting whooped on by the little tuner cars.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 06-29-2020 at 11:17 AM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote