View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 09:23 PM   #173
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

yup, I've considered this too. probably would not want to go as far as a 4.11 or even a 3.92, but was considering a 3.73. just kinda on the fence about that since I am hesitant to open up the 2 year old Moser 12 bolt and change it around. Also, I am thinking that for my nitrous passes next year, if I go to a 3.73, I will be past what the 3rd gear will rev to during a 1/4 mile pass, and i'd be shifting into Overdrive/4th, which in a 700r4 would be a dog again at low rpm in 4th gear.

However, I still have the lock-up feature on a manual toggle switch and the converter guy at Edge said I could active lockup at the top of a gear if I am about to revv-out of that gear but still have distance to travel before crossing the stripe. so I'd be able to hit the lockup switch, pull the rpm down a few hundred and hold 3rd gear past the stripe.. instead of shiftign into 4th. So, Without doing the math (which I probably should do, but don't know how!), with keeping the 3.55 gear ratio I now have and adding the nitrous, that will hopefully let me use all of 3rd gear and I would certainly be crossing the stripe much closer to 6,000 rpm ( peak hp) yet, with a 3.73 or a 3.92 rear gear, i would have a much better chance of getting a wheelie too. I don't think either would compromise street driveability as much as changing to a 4,000 rpm converter would, but I am just not sure how ready I am to dismantle the "new-ish" 12 bolt just yet.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 08-14-2020 at 09:27 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote