View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 09:30 AM   #230
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Good info

edit: and good point brian, With my lowered rear setup, and factory inner wheel-tubs, I have had doubts. one day I'm hoping to find someone at the track, at the end of a day where I could maybe bolt on one of their 28" wheel setups with a proper 3rd gen backspacing etc. It would take a lot of the guess work out of the equation by seeing it on the car and checking fitment in real life. I didn't have a chance to do that this past year and it wasn't on my priority list. I know it would be tight, and possibly too tight, especially if I were to street-drive the car to/from the track on the 28" tires. plus growth at speed on the top end too. ugh

It will probably several years before I pony up the money for the set of drag wheels/tires I truly want which will be 28” on a convo-pro wheel. So I’ll be running these 26” Mt et street SS for at least this year and probably next year too. maybe I can find someone next year to let me test fit a wheel.

Additionally,
I’m slightly used to the car performing under what it is supposed to do according to math and other similar cars. And, actually I’m ok with that... to an extent. I’m afraid I’ll be disappointed by the 3.73 switch with time/money invested. Mathematically I see what the calculators and people are suggesting... I then have to factor in that it’s not going to perform optimally perfect and add in a little error/fail percentage to any realistic expectations, just because that's how it goes for me doing this as a hobby.

The car will also get a bit heavier with the roll bar and vac pump and a few other items so I gotta compensate for that

Last edited by IROCZman15; 12-04-2020 at 10:27 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote