View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 08:49 PM   #15
thehazguy

Atco

This was posted on another forum.

I listened in for the last couple of hours. A lot of legal speak including liberally interpreting the use of the term "used car lot" vs junkyard. We all know what the majority of cars stored there are, totaled with salvageable titles. A couple of legitimate concerns were brought up including potential leakage(including overnight when, according to the IAA legal rep, there would be no employees present), and groundwater contamination. Another interesting point that was brought up was if employees needed to be OSHA Hazwoper trained(I am currently doing my annual 8 Hr refresher) in order to clean up any potential spills. Fire suppression in case of a large-scale fire was also mentioned, with the nearest hydrant over 2 miles away according to one commenter. As was preliminary ground sampling as well as environmental impacts to a local endangered tree frog and vegetation. The most contentious point of the night was the last one when one of the land use board members began grilling them on their application and how only a certain % of land in each lot may be changed and why they were attempting to do more than that. I may have the wording in that last part wrong, but that was the gist of it. In my assessment, the IAA team was not very well prepared for some of the questionings, stumbling around with some George Carlin-esque double talk, or just flat out not knowing the answer. It sure seemed to me that the land use guy is not a fan of this deal. Regardless, it went to 11 PM and it was adjourned until 3/1 at 7 PM. The public has not had a chance to comment yet and I hope that they make some impactful statements that have a negative effect on this deal.
57 Chevy - 210 - 355 SBC-Powerglide-10 Bolt 3:73 Gears - 12.78 best et - 104.78 MPH-street driven
80 Firebird-350 SBC-Turbo 350-10 Bolt 3:42 Gear - 13.69 best et @ 97.52 MPH
96 Buick Roadmaster wagon LT-1 - (DD) for sale
2023 Equinox - wifey's car
22-Ford Maverick-FWD Eco
thehazguy is offline   Reply With Quote