View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 07:55 PM   #272
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

good point!

I did some quick eyeball measuring and my brain is starting to formulate a plan. I think that I can install a normal sized metal vac can under the drivers side front "battery tray" area, ahead of the wheel well. most vac cans are about 5"x7" and I would want a little bit of room on each side of it. https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/63010/10002/-1
Since this was originally the area I was going to mount the electric vac pump in, along with the switch, I will then have to move the vacuum pump over to the area underneath the battery tray on the passenger side. Directly above this is where I actually have the 12V power distribution block and my relays for my cooling fans. So, I could put my vac pump relay next to these relays, get my 12 volt power from the nearby distribution block, and run the ground wire directly over to my huge grounding through-bolt in the front frame which is also tied to the block and to the battery. However, i would then have to run the relay's signal wire back to the dash (fuse panel) so that the pump only runs when the key/engine is on. Nothing else up front by the headlight bar that I could tap into for a key-on signal. Oh well. The its simply a matter of neatly running the hoses and the in-line switch.

Was hoping to get to this project before Island opens up on April 3rd, but its not a necessity. I can absolutely make some passes with the car as it sits now, so whenever I get this vac pump system in, that will be ok.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 03-16-2021 at 07:56 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote