View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #13
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper View Post
I can start off in 2nd gear from a stop and run it to the rev limiter and it won't upshift or downshift. 98's and 99's will go down into 1st though. I've tried running it in "D" a few times just for fun and it's really tricky trying to control the upshifts and downshifts.

I'm not really sure which class I really am in but since I'm a newb I just stay in C. I tried adding it up to see, but I'm not sure whether I should count springs/shocks as 5 points each and then add 20 points for coilovers on top of that or what. They're adjustable but they're just sleeves, not an actual threaded body shock, and I only have them in front. Lots of little things I'm not sure on but it looks like I'd get maybe a 1 or 2 class bump. If you're there next time we can all run in U just to compare. Not sure how useful I'd be for comparing notes since I just sorta bomb it with no real technique but I'm sure it would be fun.

What all do you have done?
I don't blame for for not trying to figure out their classing system. Its too much like work. I don't think anyone there really cares all that much about the classes anyway, only thing that matters is they have a really nice lot to run in.

I have the usual suspension stuff: springs, shocks, bars, C5 brakes upfront and full exhaust, small cam upgrade, blah blah blah etc.

I pretty much bomb around too, but I do try improve and chase other drivers who I know are faster than me and/or in similarly equipped vehicles.

Hopefully we'll cross paths at the next event.

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote