View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 08:32 PM   #2
V
Stalker

I did some additional research after my post.

It seems like the ryzen 3 5300u would be more than enough for my needs. Ideal for web browsing yet still able to handle tasks such as CAD drawing. So thats pretty much figured out.

With the memory, 8 comes standard and there were sites sorta explaining what would be needed. What I got out of it, is that 8 is bare minimum, 12 is good, 16 is best, and anymore for my use would be overkill and a waste of money. So 16 it is.

As far as the storage amount issue, sites online said most users would be fine with the faster 256GB SSD. There were some examples of how many pictures were essentially a GB and such. Windows 10 takes up a bunch apparently too. So the 1 TB sata hdd would just be an additional place to dump stuff in my case. After reading all about that, I think i'd stick with the 256GB SSD and 1TB hdd, and not need an additional external hard drive.

And the USB 3.0 to gigabit adapter should solve my need for being hardwired to the internet, costs another $20 so makes the grand total $821.97 which isnt horrible imo. That price also includes a year of microsoft 365 personal and Mcafee lifesafe. Plus an external optical dvd burner drive, windows 10 home 64, and a backlit keyboard.

It will probably be a few days before I actually order this thing so if anyone has any comments, please post.

Last edited by V; 08-15-2021 at 08:41 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote