View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 06:59 PM   #9
V
Stalker

Those ultra thin laptops scare me, lol. My wife has a lenovo, I think it is, and I feel if i type too hard it could break. I'm used to a multiscreen desktop setup with ~24" samsung hdtv as my main monitor so switching to only a laptop will take some adjusting. Previously, my laptops were for HP tuners and that was about it.

I'm not sure how much CAD I'd actually be doing, maybe a project every 2 months or so and nothing really extensive. And I'd be using FreeCad which isnt packed with features such as AutoCad which I no longer have a license to. So without gaming or streaming, shouldn't the integrated graphics be fine? It seemed the reviews put it above the intel integrated graphics.

The HP I linked to earlier fits really everything else, with microsoft 365 for a year with virus software subscription, and a new wireless printer for under 1000. ship date would be 10/4 which is annoying but I could deal. Also i'd opt for the upgrade to the ryzen 5 5500u, over the 3 5300u and still be right at/around 1000. (1,027.47)

To understand my frustration, it took me 20 min to get this desktop to open a webpage this morning. Plus its been freezing and crashing just about every time I use it. Or it won't wake from sleep mode.
Now to be honest this computer has pretty much been running 24/7 since January 2010. I don't turn it off. I have the tower standing vertically with additional fans and lately, even the whole side cover removed. About 2 years ago I replaced the power supply with an identical used one bought off ebay just to keep it going. This pc was a $500 Dell bestbuy in-stock windows7 preorder from fall 2009(when I was in Afghanistan). Just about anything will outperform what I'm currently used to.

Last edited by V; 08-22-2021 at 07:12 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote