View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 09:19 PM   #217
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Cop guy, is that legal? Lol

The real test is how visible are they in daylight. I always find tinted tails can be hard to see on sunny days.

I haven't had a bright sunny day out yet to really see how they look, but they are not truly as dark as the photos make them look. The day I installed them was moderately sunny and I took this photo around 2:30pm and the sun was behind me facing the back of the car. (Just had the taillights illuminated and the hazards too, no brake lights activated) On the drivers side is the tinted tail light and the passenger side still had the old red tail light one.

I'll see how it goes though out driving around one day. if I need to put the old red ones back on I can do that in 10 minutes time. or I can tint those old red ones but with less coats of VHT tint. No matter what I am just glad to have less colors back there and more of a sleek look. I don't think they are much darker than those certain year tinted 3rd gen firebird lights that came stock. For reference, see the photo of the silver bird in front of me in the staging lanes at Island dragway in post #208 above. That's just a nice clean look with not too many colors, and that is stock! The look of the yellow license plate, with black housings, white reverse lights, orange turn signal lenses, and red tail lenses was just too much color-wise; not my style. .. and Certainly no euro lights or lenses will be happening V !

I will have to be more careful on the road and mindful of traffic laws in the future though, I have made a choice in life that will make me a "regular member of the motoring public" as I step away from my current cop job. All is well and I am good, so that is that discussion for now. Hopefully good/different/fun things are to come my way in the future with a different job and career. So some of the bigger projects on the car MIGHT have to wait a bit as I get life/budget restructured. Actually, not too many big projects remain for this car, and it is ok for them to wait a bit. Roll bar, big tube full exhaust, nitrous setup, new and improved subwoofer/amp setup, and some better Autocross/street tires too. I could probably tackle some smaller stuff like the electric vacuum pump for the brake booster, weight removal, and some new stripes on the doors in the meantime since that is lower budget stuff.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 11-24-2020 at 09:54 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote