View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 08:50 PM   #234
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

look at that! awesome. one of the things that came up during my research was about the firewall flex, which is pretty noticeable in 3rd gen cars. looks like he includes a brace for it in the complete kit, so that is good.
his included link was also helpful: https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/brak...-pictures.html

-one thing that would cause me a little bit of pain, would be having to redo all my nice clean new NiCop brake lines and how they are mounted into the freshly painted engine bay. that's a bit of a detractor as I took a lot of time to weld up any holes in the Sheetmetal and it would be unpleasant to see the drill holes remaining if I had to move/redo the lines

manual brakes would get ride of some weight (booster) and clean up the components under the hood, I am just hesitant to try something so new/unknown to me. However, it would also make me not ADD weight to the car either, by avoiding the weight of an electric vac pump in the nose of the car.

Yet, at the bottom of his page, in yellow writing, he specifies that "non low-drag calipers are mandatory" he lists the calipers that fit this description. I run a Corvette brake setup (1Le style I think is the same??) with C4HD calipers up front and C4 calipers in the rear. they are a PBR caliper. I think I would need to contact him to see that my calipers/pads would work?

Last edited by IROCZman15; 12-07-2020 at 09:01 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote