View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 04:34 PM   #243
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

I am still waiting for my 3.91 gearset to arrive from amazon, it has been a nightmare. I ordered it on Jan 4th when they had 2 left in stock. over those two weeks, it did not ship, then it was out of stock for a few days, then I was told it will arrive jan 17, then this morning I was told they canceled my order altogether and don't have any. The past 5 consecutive days on the phone with amazon and many half-answers later, it looks like I will have to find the 3.91 gearset elsewhere. This is not a popular ratio and US gear won't sell me one directly as they don't have any to sell?!? US gear was also recently bought out by a bigger company (that works on excavating equipment) who now handles their customer service and they were of little help. When I talked to Moser on Jan 4th they told me they had 1 remaining 3.91 gearset left in stock, but it was not treated with the Iso-micro finish and if I wanted to get that upgrade, I would have to wait 3-4 weeks for them to send it out and get it back, prior to sending it to me and it would also be pretty costly. Thats why I looked elsewhere and saw that 2 were available on amazon on Jan 4th; and these exact US gear ones were already ISO treated and were a cheaper price.. No luck finding one on Summit or Jegs or anywhere. Places like Mark Williams say they have it on their website, but I am wondering if they just list it as for sale and it ships from elsewhere. So, today, after amazon told me it was hopeless for amazon to fulfill my order, I placed an online order for it on Mosers website, hoping that they still have that one gearset left in stock. I already ordered the 12 bolt install kit (shims, gasket, bearings) from Moser and it is here at my house. I also have the 80-90 NON-synthetic Lucas gear oil that they recommend. I really just need the ring and pinion so I can get to work. Fingers crossed!

I had wired up the 2-step rev limiter in October real quick and just put it on a push-hold on/off button in the ashtray with the nitrous controls. I only had 1 day at the track to test it, but I found that it was a bit non-user friendly for me to hold my foot on the throttle, another on the brake, AND hold the 2-step button while staging.... and trying to release the button at the exact moment that I release the brake pedal. I did well on my first attempt but on pass #2 and #3 I didn't get an even/clean release. I didn't want the 2-step on the steering wheel or on the shifter, so I thought, hmm what about putting it on the brake pedal, and also include a master toggle switch so I don't accidentally bump it. So thats what I did.

So, in order for the 2-step rev limiter to work I have to (1)have it ENABLED in the sniper tune(handheld) and this is also where I set the rpm I want it to be at. (2)I also have to have the master arming switch (in ashtray) flipped to ON, ... and (3) I have to push down the momentary release style button on the brake pedal using my foot. It works! I also made the button's head removable, so that I could simply pluck it out and put it in my center console storage if it seems to catch on my shoe. Without the button head on the brake pedal I can NOT accidentally push the button in. I know the brake pedal pad is clunky and ugly, but to me it is better than the skinny little oem brake pedal.

Now, all I have to do while staging is hold the brake pedal (and the incorporated button) to the floor while also holding the throttle to the floor and as soon as my left leg lifts off the brake, the 2-step button releases at the exact same time. If I am ever worried about knocking the button downs track, I will probably just click the manual on/off toggle switch to OFF after I shift from 2nd-3rd gear while at halftrack.

I finally got some time to install my new Dash camera system and so far it is workign great. I need to play with the settings and experiment on sunny days, but so far so good. I might move the rear camera 1" lower, but time will tell.
I will type up the details in this other thread:
http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=69194

fingers crossed I can get this 3.91 gearset.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote