View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 08:50 PM   #306
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

thanks nick. I actually do not know if the rockers/valvetrain is self aligning or not? never looked into it

I picked the 2-step rpm based on where I could get the car to hold the foot brake at last year prior to it rolling through the staging beams. This was the whole discussion about vacuum pumps, tanks, launching from an idle vs high idle vs anything higher. Lots of discussion about this last year on here and on other car forums. If I am in 1st gear and rev over 1800-2,000 the footbrake can't hold the car back. It rolls the beams, so I then just take the red light and make a pass. I played around with this for dozens and dozens of passes last year. And I was foot braking while revving to try to hold a set rpm while watching the tree count down, and I thought a 2-step rev limiter would allow me to just floor the throttle while on the rev limiter so i didn't have to try to watch the tach hold 1,800 while watching the tree. that was my thought process. what can I change? I mean, I can set the 2-step to freaking 6,000 if I wanted to, but its just going to roll through the brakes at 2,000 rpms like usual. (no to a transbrake)

Last edited by IROCZman15; 04-08-2021 at 08:52 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote