View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 08:08 PM   #321
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Certainly a good idea. I had thought of that in spring of last year when I was researching phenolic carb spacers. I got (and still run) a phenolic 4 hole 1/2" tall spacer to help solve the infamous "holley sniper whistle". I thought about putting a vacuum port into it then, but was concerned that the height was not enough. My other issue with it is, well, I know I will be putting a nitrous plate right in that spot where the current spacer is. I didn't want to have a real tall stack of spacers and nitrous spray plates, so I withheld from doing so.

Small update, after work today I had two hours free, so i got everything as clean as I could and got the intake manifold set back onto the engine. snugged al the bolts down, and then torqued them to the proper spec in the order that is illustrated a few posts above. I used the permatex 90-minute ready "right Stuff" sealant on the Edelbrock 7201 gaskets. Letting everything sit overnight and tomorrow after work I hope to get the sniper back on, fuel lines, vac lines, and coolant in the system. I also have to reinstall the hyperspark distributor, phase it, set inductive delay, and whatnot. Going to top off the Evans coolant, recheck the torque on the bolts, change the spark plugs, hookup the throttle cable, TV cable, and tI have some wiring to clean-up and make even less visible than before. After that, I want to run the engine for a few minutes, and then drain the oil and change the filter. Does this sound like an o.k. plan, or am I missing something important?

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote