View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 07:52 PM   #346
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Understood; both sides of keeping/tossing the wheels. Not going to immediately scrap them, I have several months before drag racing again. They are repairable, and thats probably the route I am going to go. Can't afford more new wheels. Been spending too much money on this car recently and I don't make much money at my new job. Roll bar, struts, Falken tires for all 4 corners, race day costs, will need tires mounted and balanced, and then an alignment. If someone wants to buy me new wheels or give me new wheels, thats another story.

Decided to take a closer look at the wheels today. Noticed something that I never took a close enough look at before. Weird. Some kid of machining that removed some of the metal on the hub face. Noticeable difference in the metal height. Hard to see in the pics. Also I included a photo of the spacer that I use, and the ridge that is in the hub face is not from the spacer. It looks actually machined. Wondering if this ridge/step in the metal face caused the hub to repeatedly get tightened strangely enough to distort the wheel and eventually cause a crack.

Check this out. Different material thickness at the wheel hub face. Less material towards the center opening of the wheel, probably a fed thousandths of an inch. Why would this exist?

Last edited by IROCZman15; 05-19-2021 at 07:54 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote