View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 12:21 AM   #10
JerzLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.J.SLEEPER View Post
DAMN....... i got ripped on while i was away.
YeS , i am a ls1 nuthugger & proud of it. and.............
umm........ for your information there is parts on the engine that could make the opti go bad.

1. bad water pump (not this yours cause it cracked, didn't take a s*** from coolant entering it.)

2. bad seal getting oil into opti ( not your case either)

3. beat cam bearings,beat cam, excessive play causing a high vibration in the opti causing it to shatter. (high rpm you may not feel vibration in the car.) oh wait...... its an lt1.... everything vibrates, rattles, clunks, & knocks !!!

4. could be just old opti and due to heat it came apart.

i dont know the history or the car and what is done to it. if its a stock or old opti very well could do what it did.

hey, and i rather rip my trans out 10 times than replace a outdated, ineffecient , FTL optispark anyday.
Electric water pump. NEVER heard of oil getting into the opti from the back. you have the same chassis in an LS1 car so everything vibrates, rattles, clunks, and knocks in your car too. the opti had less then 100 miles on it. well see what happens with the new cap and rotor.

BTW didnt you just blow up an LS1? its actually a VERY accurate ignition just in a poor location