View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 09:52 AM   #4
ins0mnia24

If you are looking for a rear end just to save on gear install costs and ect..
I would call Contemporary Corvette in Bristol P.A. besides being a Corvette salvage yard they also do all 4th gen F-bodies and GTO salavge they have a website too..
They sell on Ebay under the name Fparts.
They usually sell 10-bolts for $250-$350 and give up to a 60-90 day warranty if I remember correctly..
So I would call them up because they probably already have a 3 channel set-up from a 6-speed car with 3:42 gears..

The problem with the auto cars is the lack of having a lower gear ratio in the rear end..
The other problem is the extensive amount of torque management Gm placed into the PCM's programming to protect the transmission..
Do the gears and see if you can get a bolt-on tune since you would have to correct your speedometer for the gear change have them delete your Torque management..
Then your car will act like a total different beast..
QTP Headers, Mufflex Stainless Y-pipe, Pypes Performance Exhaust, Moser 12-bolt w/ 33 spline axles,Truetrac & 3:73's., Spohn.
Cartek Tuned...
ins0mnia24 is offline   Reply With Quote