View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 08:06 PM   #357
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

A buddy of mine sent me these two photos that someone random posted online from that Lake Hopatcong cruise:

Got a great deal on a used NOS nitrous cheater plate from a guy on thirdgen.org. Will clean up the gasket/mounting surfaces and probably paint the outsides of it silver to match the theme of my engine.

The car is currently at the Fabrication shop for the roll bar install. He will be starting on it this week, as the swing-out pieces just arrived.

I ordered the SFi padding for the main hoop, and not sure if I will use the non-SFI padding anywhere else, but I got two pieces anyways since they were only about $5 each. I got this cool 2-part paint, with a button on the bottom that releases an activating agent. Just need to pickup some good etching-primer.

Also, when the car gets back, I need to replace the radiator. It has had a very small pinhole leak somewhere in the lower area of the core/rows, and I can not visibly see it. Champion has LIFETIME FREE REPLACEMENT on these radiators. I have been in contact with them for many months, waiting on an EXACT replacement of my 2-row AE951 radiator, but they have not had any in stock in months. Sadly the cores are made in china, and nothing has come over in a long time. So, instead they shipped me a 3-row replacement. Hopefully it cools just as well, and does not leak. Free shipping both ways, and hopefully I don't loose too much fluid while I do the replacement.

While the car is out of the garage, I am doing a bunch of work to have better storage, work areas, and use of the space.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote