View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 06:46 PM   #16
kazman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
Theres a lot of theory and thought that goes into bracket racing.. its something you need to try a lot, or do every weekend to really get an appreciation for it. Stuff like time of day for how the sun glares off the tree, to how much you roll into the stage beams, to figuring out when to give your opponent the finish line to "push him under" so he breaks out are things that matter.
How about a .008 durning the day is a -.017 in the semi's at night. Mistake cost me $400 and a possible $1K. Lesson learned bring the launch rmps down 200 at night.

Thanks John, still working things out in the bird. I lost to Tom first round the the maple 10 grander on Saturday. We "split" the buyback. I have his $30 in my pocket as a good luck charm. Funniest thing of the night is when I congratulated the kid that I went red to. He was impressed on how the bird left the line and the top end mph. I was holding about a tenth all day and let it run out with the red to a low 11.8x at 115 mph. Not too shabby in the mountains of Numidia.

Here's something interisting. 3 out of the last 5 were buybacks. Me, Tom, and John in the Torino.

I will work on scanning a picture of the bird. I have a nice one from the 2005 Divison 1 finals.

'07 Ford Mustang GT Alloy Metallic
4.6 Auto, 3.73 gears, C&L CAI, Diablo 91 octane tune, drag radials, and a saftey loop. What else do I need for a 14 second bracket car?

Last edited by kazman; 10-18-2010 at 08:32 PM.
kazman is offline   Reply With Quote