View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 09:21 AM   #13
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bishop View Post
Biggest problem with electric right now is the charging. If you like to travel by road, what are you supposed to do? Stop for the night every 200-300 miles? That's insanity.
I, for one, can't last for more than 200 miles at a time on a road trip before I need a break to stretch or void my bladder. Put fast chargers at rest stops and that's it. Fast charging can get you 80% charge in about 30-40 minutes and that is quickly improving. Considering the lines at the rest stops and the bathroom stop, etc., that doesn't seem so bad. Especially with how long it takes to mobilize with the wife and kids. And it's all done while you're not in a car, rather than at a pump which means its potentially less time consuming on a trip if your stop was going to take 30 minutes or so anyway.

Admittedly, I have no first hand experience with this but it doesn't sound so bad in theory. Yes, it's an adjustment, but the infrastructure will improve. I imagine even now, with the current infrastructure, you can travel more than 300 miles a day on an electric car provided you stick to interstates and not country roads.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote