View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 09:25 AM   #19
TaKid455

One of the workers of Racing Junk & I had a discussion on this topic during an interview of my shop over the summer. Verdict: times are changing and electric power plants are coming on strong. Infrastructure will change and adapt accordingly. As stated earlier, if $ is to be made, it will happen.

Past arguments of changing of the times would be:
Horse & carriage vs Motorised carriage
Flathead vs overhead valve
Jet vs IC - (mopar) Jet didn't take off too well. Good effort
Carb vs injection
Rail vs plane

Where does that leave classics? They will remain, however, as generations die off, interest will dwindle to a degree. Think of the rage of restoring & motoring Model A & T Fords 30 years ago. That interest is much smaller now. I had a 1930 Chevy a couple years ago. Turn key, drive it anywhere. While it was fun, I moved it on due to reasons of interest. Point in case...I preferred newer things. I put it in the category of ' I want access to one, but not particularly ownership'.

Merging of elec in old cars. Absolutely going to happen. While late to to Tesla experience , I got to drive one this weekend(Model 3, dual motor). Its silly. Why wouldn't you want that type of acceleration & braking? Handling wasn't bad but not what I would call a corner carver. Not sure if I would trade the smells, sounds & feels of a muscle car for it, but in a cruiser or sleeper, totally. Think 64 Lincoln, anything from the 50's; 80's G body's, your G'ma;s Pinto or Chevette, ect. Giving the opportunity to do such a build, I would take it on in a heartbeat.

Last edited by TaKid455; 02-01-2021 at 09:32 AM.
TaKid455 is offline   Reply With Quote