View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 07:47 AM   #6
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsstink View Post
they make engine cleaners. you run your 4.5-5qts of oil pour this stuff in, let engine get to operating temp and it cleans out the engine for cases like this. or your can run a quart of ATF instead of a quart of oil with the same procedure. naturally you dont want to run this stuff any longer than needed so drain and new oil and filter goes in right after you are done. i also changed my oil after 100mi after the flush

i did this with my brand new motor when the intake gasket blew to improper mating of the aftermarket intake to the new heads. LT!Blow, basically summed it up. obv working on a 4thgen is never comfortable but it is a pretty strait forward job.
that flush crap opens up every leak in site and dislodges every piece of dirt inside that engine. if the bearings are not already shot a flush job will finish them.

drain the pan, change the filter. get it running up the temp, stop, change oil & filter again. Do it a few times. Use cheap oil if you want to save a bit.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote