View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 10:22 PM   #61
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

all good points here. we may be on to something!

so yes, Matt, thats the same exact paragraph I keep reading and doing (and was what I was doing in that short youtube clip video). Thats the paragraph in my sniper quick-seput guide that myself and a neighbor were discussing and trying to dial in yesterday. I was adjusting the IAC to be between 2-10 and whenever I had it set right, it would stay there for a moment, and then fluctuate, usually higher. I would blip the throttle, and usually the motor would hesitate or stall out.

which might go along with what grazi is suggesting.. possibly with me now incorporating a PCV system, I may be introducing TOO MUCH vacuum after/below the sniper tbi unit. this is quite possible indeed.

what about if I kept the PCV valve in one valve cover, but ran it to one of the available 3/16" vac port on the sniper unit? so it wouldnt share a hose/port with the brake booster, and would still pull some positive crankcase ventilation, but instead of into a 3/8" port, it would be into a 3/16" diameter port.. basically cutting the vac pull in half? would the vacuum pressure be too much and suck the smaller hose closed? would it not be enough diameter to even do anything at all for crankcase ventilation?

didnt have a chance to work on the car today at all, will try a few things tomorrow. ... but again, the stumbling/hesitation/stalling ONLY began AFTER I incorporated the PCV valve.

and yes, the mechanical distributor MSD 85551 is still controlling the timing via the weights and springs. it is not locked out yet, and the sniper is not controlling timing yet. It will one day soon-ish, just currently is not setup that way.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 03-05-2020 at 10:24 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote