View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 08:21 PM   #65
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

WBT, I thought about that too. Was talking to JoeyD about catch cans the other day also. I made some changes to the PCV system that I explain below. Tomorrow I will get to see how well it works.

* **I plan on spending most of the day tomorrow working on the tune, timing, pcv issues.*

I will be getting the base and advanced timing confirmed/set tomorrow. I have a second timing light that is an old craftsman type. My neighbor also has one, and if all else fails I will see if I can rent one from autozone real quick.* I am going to move the target hot idle rpms up from 850 to 950 and see what that does. I will also take time out to get he IAC and TPS dialed in.* I have most of the afternoon tomorrow to do all of this, as well as test drive it, and change spark plugs if needed.**

I will datalog, probably tomorrow while driving around town, and sunday as well. If I could rig up a way to have my GoPro video record my holley sniper display I will do that too.*

PCV update.* I decided to try another experiment. I still have one fresh air breather in the drivers side valve cover. I temporarily got rid of the T fitting which connected my PCV valve (pass valve cover) and my brake booster to the sniper baseplate.* *I now just have the brake booster going directly to the 3/8 vac port at the sniper.. like I initially did.* I then took a piece of 3/16" hard-walled plastic tube and connected it to my PCV valve and to one of the 3/16" vac ports at the sniper baseplate. Therefore it could still pull some crankcase ventialation, but just only about half as much as the 3/8" hose that was on it before (which remember, T'd with the brake booster). I am going to road test this tomorrow and see how it works. I was fortunate to have the hard walled tube, because I am sure a soft rubber tube would collapse. If the smaller sized pipe works well, i will clean up the install components and make it look nice, but for now it is just an experiment

My new replacement muffler arrived today.* The "rattle" I had coming from my muffler was an internal piece of pipe that broke off from inside the case. Got a new muffler at* a discounted rate from Hooker, with free shipping. Installed it today and cut open the case on the old one out of curiosity.* There was a good amount of water condensation inside it.* I am glad that I will not hear that piece of pipe rattling and rolling around anymore.*

again, tomorrow will be spent in the garage and on the road trying to get this car dialed in as much as possible. so any suggestions, tech advice, tuning advice.. please let me know.* *thanks* I will be posting an update and possibly some videos on this thread tomorrow night. maybe even some datalog info.*

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote