View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 08:09 PM   #178
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

had a few hours today to get some work done on the car. Got the new Powermaster Master-Torque 9600 starter installed. The infi-clock feature was a big help.. I was able to clock the starter into the perfect position while it was still mounted in the car. checked teeth engagement at 3 places on the flexplate. all was good. used some DEI heat-wrap on my wiring near the header and then installed the header with a new fel pro gasket. I used never-seize on the gasket surface as per Bruce, but I have never done this on a header gasket. hopefully it doesn't result in any leaks. new starter fired-up the engine perfectly. did several test starts and everything is working great. took the car around the neighborhood and still having some intermittent power-brake problems. sometimes they are there, sometimes not. bummer.

perhaps this winter I will look into an upgraded power-brake system, but I don't want to be doing any of that now at all. Might just get a replacement booster for cheap and replace the one I have now. do not want to do a mid-year brake system renovation, swapping out a booster would only take about an hour or so.

noticed how much metal from the headers is blocking exhaust gas flow from the cylinder head. perhaps this is one of the several reasons my car is not performing like it has 500+ horsepower. thoughts??

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote