View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 09:49 PM   #182
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

yea, would love to do a simple quick dyno session, but not the $400 dyno and tune one at the local shop, not till Spring of 2021 when I can do that dyno/tune and then for $200 extra have the nitrous tune/dyno added on. no sense in dong two dyno tune sessions, but if a shop was holding a dyno day, I would do one of those where you get 3 pulls for like $75. I agree, seems like low-400 hp to the wheels based on timeslips and seat of the pants feel.

agreed on the mid length headers holding me back. wasn't sure about the port matching significance so i figured I'd ask here. I knew that a full exhaust re-do would be needed when I began this powertrain upgrade a few years ago (see my other build thread where I discuss it) but I wanted to see how well this current setup worked with the engine. for sure it wont work with nitrous, so my hopeful winter plans are for a long tube header and 4" mufflex exhaust setup. probably a 4" cut out too.

booster was ordered. using my autozone rewards points, a autozone promo code, returning the unused vented gas cap, and then sending back the current booster for a core charge, I am getting a replacement booster for like $60 total. just have to paint it and isntall it. I had car out for about 45 minutes yesterday. booster works intermittently. mostly works, but there are moments when it does not, even at various levels of throttle input. keeps things interesting. current booster is about 8 years old and HAS worked all through these various drag/autocross days 9with the old engine) and also multiple race events and 2,300 miles with the new engine... and during that whole time the engine was only making 7.5" vac so I don't see why an inexpensive booster swap-out wont get me just 3 more months of use in this configuration. come winter-time, I will certainly figure out a much better solution for power brakes.

I thought you liked your S60 setup though?!? I mean its damn bulletproof basically right?

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote