View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 08:39 AM   #227
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Very good point
I really invite any and all comments and criticism and advice so feel free to keep it coming, anybody

So, you make sense matt, I see what you are saying. I think possibly eventually I’d try a 200 shot on a single progressive stage. I had the engine built for a 200 shot, so that’s about as high as I’d ever go, and I never wanted this car to be a nitrous hog, but more-so just be able to spray enough on the button to give me an upper hand in a serious race or to possibly spray my way into the high 10s from time to time. Not every weekend on a bracket race schedule.... so with that thought in mind, I’ve envisioned that I would simply just use my existing nitrous solenoids for a while. These are the fuel
And nitrous solenoids that came with my TPI kit and they flow up to a 150-175 shot. It would save me a few hundred$ in having to not buy new solenoids and also keep the shot more “safe” for the rings and such. Thoughts on a 150(or even 100) shot with those 3.91 and both a 26” and 28” tire ?

135 mph does seem like a lot of speed, Id be thrilled to get close to 130 if ever. I worry about the hood flying off (still debating on installing the hood pins, cosmetically it doesn’t jive with me yet).

Peak horsepower was at 6,000 rpms on the engine dyno. I'm comfortable revving it to about 6,400 in third gear to avoid shifting into OD , however I’ve taken it close to 6,700 at times in 1st and 2nd gear.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 12-04-2020 at 10:22 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote