View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 10:02 PM   #232
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

the nitrous is still a definite yes on my checklist, but I kinda had a goal of running fast enough N/A to get booted from the track for no roll-bar before "cheating" my way to that personal goal with the juice. its just One of those silly "life accomplishments" of mine basically. just run N/A 11.4x and then take the journey into seeing if a 100 shot or 150 shot will get me into the 10s. It would certainly save me some money (which my budget is quite tight this year) to not do the rear gear project, but I still crave a bit more instant neck-snapping performance from the car on the streets/strip/autoX. With no desire to adjust the converter and not wanting to always feed-my-need via the bottle, what else aside from a gear swap would get me more bang for the buck, and potentially get me a 11.49x from my mid-11.8s? But you could be right, i could plumb up the nitrous and just make a few hits with it to see what the car does with the 3.55 adn then make my decision afterwards.

I gotta research more about the manual brake setup. From my basic research I remember reading that the whole brake system really needs to be finely crafted and tuned. Any inferior component/setup could cause very undesirable braking. street/strip/autocross it all has to be capable of. I certainly have a small budget this year so I would not be able to afford more than about $500 towards sorting out teh brake issue, and reconstructing my brake system/components has the possibility to become expensive real quick. Manual brakes would look nice under the hood though, nice clean firewall without the ugly booster. Thats also one reason why I will not go with a hydroboost; no way is that ugly thing going to be under the hood (and its expensive). So, I will do some reading about manual brakes in the coming weeks. feel free to enlighten me as well though!

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote