View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 01:22 PM   #280
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

I actually have an aftermarket vacuum gauge in the dashboard of my Jeep Wrangler. I watch it sometimes while driving, I might do that one day but I don’t yet have an area where I want to put more gauges onto in the camaro. I never wanted the inside of the car to be bombarded with dozens of gauges. If I can do it tastefully , that could be an option.

The sniper's display does have a MAP sensor and Map reading display in kPa. Actually most tuning tables are based off the map sensor. So I can watch it while I drive, BUT that won’t tell me how much inches of vacuum is stored in the tank, it will just show what the engine is making at that moment. Right ? It also measures kPa and not vacuum so I would kinda have to do the calculations in my head while driving? There are conversion charts on Holleys websites, but it would be nice if I could have the display read inches/mercury instead of kPa.

The idea behind the go pro camera would be for me to have a general idea of what the vacuum tank itself retains when I’m coming off of a heavy throttle situation or free-revving the engine. I know it makes 8” at idle, but I’d like to actually see what it makes on deceleration and with a few revvs of the throttle while staging the car? Thoughts ?

Last edited by IROCZman15; 03-22-2021 at 06:38 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote