View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 08:39 PM   #468
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

thanks fellas. If anyone notices anything concerning or has advice, as always.. feel free to shout it out. I would rather make changes to the car now instead of later. That's the reason I post all this typing/photos, so that if I am doing anything way-off, someone can steer me in the right direction.
- It does sound good, but I'm eager for the magnaflow muffler to get worked-in because I'm 99% sure it will get a little louder and then it will be perfect. I'm like 95% happy with the sound. Also, with the car on the ground and the exhaust pulsing off the pavement, that might change the sound a little bit.

I'm glad you guys steered me away from the exhaust cutouts, that would have been such a headache, and not worth it for flow or sound. Much thanks. Oh, yea, beard is good, prob going to shave it off in a month or so; as I only usually do it for the wintertime and then it gets a bit annoying. But thanks, wife likes it too!

I'm excited to get to the track yup, but I still need to put in a bunch of road testing first; and order the rear wheels and tires soon too. I gave the whole underside a wipe down and checked some bolts today after work. I played around with the adjustable torque arm and driveline angles a bit, but I want to revisit my measurements after I give the car a drive to shake out the suspension a bit. Then I brought the car back down to the ground. Was very very pleased with the overall ground clearance. For reference, I put a soda can and a 4"x4" wood block that I took a true measurement of it and it was 3.5" tall. So, using that as a gauge, I spot-checked a few key areas. I have at minimum 4" of ground clearance, so that is a big win. Will see if anything changes after a few shakedown drives of the car, and I'll then also tighten up all exhaust bolts.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote