View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 04:43 PM   #16
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Went to Island on Friday night for the test and tune event. There was a good amount of cars there. That was nice to see. $30 entry. I got 5 runs in, and would have got more but there was one vehicle that oiled down the track and cleanup lasted a while. And once things got going again, a really nice 3rd gen Nova who was running no-time passes had his hood pop open on the big end and it blocked his windshield. He ended up rolling the car 3 times and hitting the wall. So that cleanup took a while. Most people left after that, but I was curious to see if my slight tweak on the tune made any difference, and I stayed to make one more pass, which turned out to be my fastest of the night. cool

Also: the hazguy, it was nice to meet ya. I didn't get to see you make any passes, or I would have taken some videos for ya. Anyways, thanks for lending me your extra pair of long pants on Friday; I knew I forgot something when i was preparing for the event.. and it became quite clear when I arrived that I forgot the long-pants rule. Thankfully they didn't say anything at tech, and the track staff in the staging lanes didn't bother me about it either. So, thank you for lending me your extra pair, but I didn't see you the rest of the night to give them back to you. I still have them, I did not wear them at all, but I will wash them anyways. I can mail them back to you if you would like. I tried to send you a Private Message about this, but your settings don't allow you to get messages.. so this is the only way I knew how to get in contact with you.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote