View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 11:17 AM   #14
The_Bishop
Power Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91chevyz28 View Post
Nice truck! Did you buy it from the Shumacher on 46 in Denville?
Maybe?

If you know anyone there, definitely not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
I guess we both learned a lesson in avoiding FCA products.
What really sucks is I genuinely liked the Ram and the plan was to hold onto it. Problem is if the rust gets visible resale/trade-in effectively becomes zero and repairs cost $$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy View Post
Congrats Keith, you know how I feel about RAM products despite my father owning one

I drove one of those and thought it was very nice! Tons of power, quiet. If I had a need for a personal pickup I would get one.

Hah! Yeah, I know your feelings regarding Ram trucks. I liked mine, had no mechanical issues. However from a longevity issue, visible rust at 4.5 years old wasn't working for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
Lovin it! Hope it serves you well. I'd love to grab a canyon variant....

As for the wheel well rust, I've seen it on every brand truck out there. Biggest issue is the folded over lip catching all of the terrible the rear wheels kick up. I would check your current truck for a similar situation and take preventative measures
Yeah, that's the plan. As soon as it dries up outside a bit, the plan is to get a case of fluidfilm and give the undercarriage a bath in it.
1998 Z-28 - SLP lid - Ported TB - LS6 Intake - Dynatech SS headers/Catted Y - Magnaflow Exh - 3.42 - Yank SS3600 - UMI weld-in subframe connectors, Adj LCA, Adj PHB, Q1A TA - Bolt-in Relocation Brackets - Strano springs - Koni shocks - 17" C6Z06 wheels - 326HP/335ft-lbs - 12.35 @ 110.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
I can appreciate a dream but this person needed some real friends.
The_Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote