View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #44
The_Bishop
Power Member

LTb1ow - I'm kinda leaning towards the EPS 222/226 115LSA, .597 .598. If you check that thread on LS1 tech, it made 430 RWHP on a bone stock crate LS6. It had a mild idle, and a hell of a lot of torque. It's probably going to be *something* real close to that. The Texas Speed 224/224 on a 114 is a proven performer, too, putting down 400+ RWHP with all the supporting mods and tuning. The EPS cam made 430 RWHP through an auto, though. Holy crap.

1984CamaroZ28 - If I pick up 20 HP from what I did, then I accomplished what I set out to do. I wasn't after major gains; I was looking to clean up the stock ports before I had the valve job done. Spending money to have them flow tested will accomplish nothing whatsoever; they're getting run as they are. It's a street car; I'm not looking for big ports that are lazy in air velocity at low RPM. So, I hit what will give me gains without sacrificing velocity. The rocker bolt boss is a giant flow restriction; before I had cleaned the heads you could see where the airflow was by the crud on the port walls; where the velocity was high, it was clean from the fuel wash. Where it was slow/blocked, there was junk on the walls. I got rid of restrictions. I opened up the throats, and blended the seats into the rest of the port, eliminating any ridges or sharp corners. I reduced the profile of the valve guides, which increases volume in the area of the port where the air is trying to turn a corner, and that helps without dropping velocity too much.

Trust me, I didn't go in and 'hog **** out.' I was careful, changed one section of each port at a time in all 8 ports so I could keep it as consistent as possible. I'm looking for flow gains without sacrificing port velocity and from what I've read/seen/experienced in other heads I have ported, I've made things better.
1998 Z-28 - SLP lid - Ported TB - LS6 Intake - Dynatech SS headers/Catted Y - Magnaflow Exh - 3.42 - Yank SS3600 - UMI weld-in subframe connectors, Adj LCA, Adj PHB, Q1A TA - Bolt-in Relocation Brackets - Strano springs - Koni shocks - 17" C6Z06 wheels - 326HP/335ft-lbs - 12.35 @ 110.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
I can appreciate a dream but this person needed some real friends.
The_Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote