View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #21
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreZ28 View Post
Hmmmm interesting....I don't know to be honest if it would be the same as old school lacquer. That stuff was nasty for you.

What is the condition of your trailer?

Trailers not bad, a few light rust spots, no serious rot. mostly the paint is badly faded, and there are a bunch of old faded stickers on it that I'm going to have to sand off. I also want to make a change, a problem is my car sits low and the fenders are just high enough to hit when I open the door. (me squeezing through the opening and over the cage is like a drunk limbo contest.) So I'm going to cut off the fender and make it so it either swings up or just has some type of quick release.

I haven't even gotten to the point of pricing the ready mix stuff out, too many other projects have to be completed before this ( like getting the stroker motor back in the car, and getting the hood painted). But I figured I'd try it on the trailer and might be good enough to do a beater = My daughters want to race, and THEY AINT DRIVING MY CAR! I'm keeping an eye out for a near freebie 3rd gen. Drop something in it to run mid 13s, slap some kinda paint job on it and let them go play. I'm figuring one weekend of sitting in the staging lanes when it's 100 degrees out and they'll switch back to shoping in an air conditioned mall!
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote