View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 04:39 PM   #54
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
umm, the seats are approximately 10inches apart, how important is dual zone climate control at that point? does a magical wall pop out and keep your air away from the passengers air?
no matter how many way adjustable seats are, i don't ever move mine. so i will put that in the useless column as well.
HUD, who needs it. if you are going so fast that you can't afford to look down, you don't need to check if you are exceeding the speed limit.
a trip to NC on a tank of gas, so you get high 20's mpg on the hgihway, oh wait, the camaro does too. file that under whoopity friggin doo. i also don't see why you wuld think gas mileage is the primary concern of anyone buying a V8 to drive everyday. if i cared about mileage above all else, i would gt an aveo, they get like 37 on the highway
i don't know what was wrong with your 97, but you shoudl have had it looked at, was that the one that you blew up the rear in and bought the 18k vette instead of fixing the rear under warranty?
looks? i think the C5 and C6 vettes look like european turds. i haven't liked the styling of any vettes past the mid 70's, and even many of the 70's model years i coudl do without. looks are individual taste, so that doesn't account for much either way anyhow.

so far i am not seeing any real advantages to your vette, and certainly none that would ever convince me that it is worth double what my car is.
Yet you completely ignore the fact the build quality is above and beyond that of a Fbody Maybe you don't need the dual climate control, or the memory package or the HUD but a lot of people do. It's those options that make the vette "superior" in the eyes of some. I don't NEED those options but it's nice to have(I still wish 98's came with the HUD). The vette isn't just a race car, it's cruise car, a status car. It's placed on a higher level than Fbody's are(right or wrong).

If you only have racing in mind then the fbody is the right choice, if you're looking for something nicer that's also faster then the vette is your way to go. It's not always about 1/4 times.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote