View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 06:15 AM   #9
Mezzy

The spring pads are rubber pads that are located above the rear springs. They wear out and should always be replaced, anytime you replace the rear springs. I've had the poly trans mount in other 4th gen F bodies and my exp has been that it causes vibration. I don't beat the Hell out of this car a whole lot, since I have 2 other 4th gen F bodies. Anyway, they are so easy to replace, I don't mind using rubber. Plus, mine is an A4, which doesn't put stress on the trans like a 6 speed would. For anyone interested in keeping their car/cars forever like myself, here's how to keep a super high mileage car riding "like new"...My chasis has 225k on her and because I've always used rubber, the chasis does not rattle even one iota. Not a single squeak. I replace the shocks and springs every 50k as well. This keeps the chasis from getting beat up. (It also doesn't hurt to tighten all the dash screws once a year as well). I already have new motor mounts that went in a couple months ago. I know a lot of guys like polyurethene, but it is really intended for racing applications. I had no choice but to buy a poly torque arm mount. Couldn't find rubber. This is my daily driver and poly mounts I feel ride harsh since they aren't designed for a comfort ride. Although I do have some basic performance mods, such as Long tube headers, 3 in from the headers to the muffler with 2 1/2 outlets, stage 2 chip, CAI, roller rockers with the lt4 rocker module and a few other tricks, the chasis rides quiet and comfortable which is exactly how I want it. I also found a like new set of original wheels for $100. I'll be putting the original Michillan Pilot Sport tires on them in the spring. More updates to come.

Last edited by Mezzy; 12-05-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Mezzy is offline   Reply With Quote