View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 12:22 PM   #14
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

i didn't say i would run circles around them, i said i would take them on and that i have seen plenty of hot shoe oval trackers get their asses handed to them by supposedly inferior road course racers.
i think nascar sucks on many levels and i know many many lies that they sell to the american public.

1 their claim of selling out every race is completely misleading. what happens is that any tickets that go unsold to the public, get purchased from internation speedway corporation by nascar(funny, both companies have the same exact list of names on the executive board) so taht they can claim a sell out. nascar has in fact not sold out to the public any event is 7 or 8 years now.
2. "the best drivers in the world" jsut spare me on this one. no single sanctioning body can realistically claim that, especially a series that has so many cookie cutter tracks. wanna see the best in the world, check out world rally, scca, and F1 . the variety of disciplines that some of these guys participate in is insane and surely shows they are vastly more skilled that the average nascar driver and most of the cup stars.
3. fastest growing form of motorsports. actually paved ovals all over the country are going out of business from lack of participation and support. the fastest growing form of tracks in the country is actually dirt oval and the fastest growing spectator and racer participation is still drag racing. nascar isn't in fact the largest or fastest growing anything.
4. nascar's popularity is increasing, then why are public ticket sales, merchandise revenues, and television viewership are all down.

nascar lacks variety and entertainment on so many levels it is ridiculous. very good marketing is the only thing left holding them up any more, and that isn't going to last much longer. the grumblings of the big 3 us manufacturuers will see at least one of them out of nascar with in the next few years, then things are really gonna hit the fan.

i used to find nascar entertaining when they had a better variety of tracks, yes they were mostly still ovals, but at least they were the cookie cutter tracks that ISC keeps building over the last several years. the tracks and the drivers both used to have charactor, but those days are long gone.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote