View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 06:57 PM   #413
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

It sure was a sight to see and I was super glad it wasn't me or my car involved!

Going to start prepping the car after work this week for the TnT event this Sunday at Island. Swap wheels, remove front passenger seat, bolt check, pack tools, etc. I am also debating on removing the exhaust pipes/muffler that are after the y-pipe. I did this last year once, but I personally wasn't as dialed in with shift points so I really don't know if it helped or not. I also was not spraying nitrous last year either, but I certainly will be on Sunday.

I would keep the 1.75" Dyno Dons shorty/mid length headers on, along with the DynoDons 2.5-to-3" y-pipe. At the end of the Y-pipe I would bolt on a short 90degree turn down so the exhaust isn't blasting into the underside of the car. Same as last year.

-Therefore I would be removing the remainder of the 3" main exhaust pipe, the electric cut out, the 3" over the axle pipe, the muffler, and the two 2.5" tailpipes. When i did this last year it was certainly worth some weight savings, but I want to see if I run a better mph by having it off or not. This will help me make scientific decisions about my upcoming winter exhaust system project.
Thoughts?

I don't mind the 20 minutes of work it takes to remove the exhaust, it comes apart pretty easily...but getting it back on is a bit of a pain. Come January, a different exhaust system altogether will be getting built, so this might be the last on-off for this 3" system and maybe even the dyno dons headers/y-pipe too.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 11-09-2021 at 06:57 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote