Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

July Car of the Month Submissions

Anyone can post one picture of only their Camaro or Firebird in this thread.

Please include your name and a short paragraph describing the mods done to the car and/or a short story about the car as well.

If this is not posted in this thread by the time voting begins, your car will not be included in the vote.

At the last week of the month we will post a poll that will last for one week and the winner will get to spend the following month showcased on the home page of the site. Past winners will not be eligible to win again for 12 months.

All submitted pictures should be a minimum size of 640 x 480, as this is the size of the image that will be posted on the home page. If you aren't sure of the size, post it up the largest image you have (within reason).

If you have submitted a car in the past, but were not selected as a winner, feel free to submit another pic. You can continue to enter each month until you win.

Please limit this thread to posts submitting pictures only. Comments and other chit-chat will be removed.

GET THOSE SUBMISSIONS IN!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #2
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Adam Bean

1995 z28 a4. some bolt ons

Last edited by sweetbmxrider; 06-20-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
btownws6

Mark Hopcroft

2002 Trans Am WS6 6 speed, i bought it back in 2007. It took about 6 months to find the exact one i wanted because i wanted it fully loaded t-tops and a 6 speed, finally i found it online at a Honda dealership in North Plainfield. Went up there that night sat in it drove it around the lot and bought it with only 43,000 miles. The car was pretty much totaled 3 weeks after i bought it but thanks to Allstate they fixed it, mainly because it was cosmetic damage and replaceable parts no frame damage. $14,000 total for the repair but thankfully only had to pay the $1000 deductible.

All body work and paintwork done to this car i had a hand in because i worked at the shop at the time. I have a lot of plans for the car and i hope to start really working on it this summer. This is the car i've always wanted so the fact that after the accident i got to work on it and get it back made this car worth soo much more to me.

The only mods i have done are SLP Air lid with K&N Filter and SLP Loud Mouth II Cat Back Exhaust.

Last edited by btownws6; 06-10-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
Jam
Banned

Jam
2000 Trans Am 6spd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I finally bought the Trans Am of my dreams. This is the exact car I've been wanting for over two years (00' black trans am, ebony interior, 6spd, 55k miles) and by working hard and saving even harder I finally had the money to purchase one (which is reason why JSFBOA refers to me as "Chilis" due to being a waiter under its establishment). I have big plans for this car, and little by little it'll get there. I started it off with a few simple bolt ons: Pacesetter LT Ceramic headers, TSP catted y, SLP LM2 catback, !EGR, !AIR, SLP airlid, port and polished MAF and TB. Next up...WS9 hood and front then on we shall see.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- as compelling as that story is lol I would be surprised if I was voted for car of the month, because the picture is just something I had on the side. If I don't make it this month I will in the next two months.

Last edited by Jam; 06-19-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
alamantia

Anthony LaMantia
2002 Z28 6 Speed the only new car that I have owned.

In November of 2002 I was driving my 1995 Z28 and wanted to trade it in on a 2002 Z28 since I knew it was my last chance so I went to see my fathers friend who was sales manager for Boonton Chevrolet. He could not get me much for a trade in on my 1995 Z28 and I could not afford the payments. GM offered 0% financing on all new vehicals and the promotion lasted thru thanksgiving weekend. The saturday after thanksgiving I was driving home from upstate NY in my 1995 Z28 and saw about a 4 car pileup happening right in front of me. One van came across the lanes hit my passenger side fender and shot me into the divider at about 60mph from there my camaro spun back across two lanes into a ditch. I kicked out the window glass to get out and noticed that the airbag burnt a hole in my favorite shirt. I remember being pretty upset about the shirt then I noticed blood dripping on it, turns out my nose was bleeding and my wrist was starting to swell up. Two ambulances showed up but there were many people hurt, 7 cars all together including the reamins of my camaro. As I was standing there I heard someone calling my name, it was a guy I played juniors with that just happend to be stuck in the traffic, he pulled over to see if I was ok. The police officer wanted to know why he stoped, I told officer that he was a buddy of mine, the officer suggested that he bring me to the hospital because they were waiting on more ambulances at the time and he didnt know how long it would take for me to get medical attention. I grabbed a bandage and an ice pack and jumped into my buddys car. He asked me which hospital I wanted to go to, Hoping my insurance would give me more than what I would have gotten on a trade in I said there is only a few more hours of 0% financing on new GM vehicals, please drive me to Boonton Chevrolet. I went there and tried to order my 2002 Z28 with a burnt bloody shirt and a sprained wrist, they told me I had to slect from dealer stock to get 0%, they only had two LS1 camaros, one was black with cloth interior and on the showroom floor the other was an Auto. I asked if they would do a car swap so I could get the color and options I wanted, they found exactly what I wanted in Allentown PA, they swaped for it and I had it that monday. My insurance gave me 10,200 for my 1995 Z28 which was way better than the 6,000 they offered me on a trade in. My 2002 stays warm in my garage and only sees nice days. It has Kooks long tubes, mangaflow low restriction cats, B&B triflow cat back. SLP Lid & Bellows, 243 Heads Thunder racing TR230 cam, AAM 4:10 gears, Z06 clutch, PCM tune, 180 thermostat, 98 camaro chrome wheels, 95 camaro tail lights, clear markers, Black UMI 3 point sub frame connectors, Lower Control Arms & Torque arm. It has 32,000 miles and absolutly no scratches or inperfections.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:57 AM   #6
firebirdcrazy
13 Second Club

Hello everyone I finally just got my car back after 9 gruelling weeks at the 2 different shops. The work came out better then I expected. My josephine has been given a totally new look. At least I think so!! After all my hard work of having served in the Marine Corps in which I was able to by this car new in 2001 paid in full as a treat to myself. 2 combat tours there after, and 2 jobs to get the car to where it is today. For 3 years I have been working on her and though its still an ongoing project I think she looks damn good for right now. There is still a whole new drivetrain project in the works to be done the end of this year and hopefully be ready for trhe 2010 season. This will hopefully put me over the top to best of show levels. Mods:The drivetrain LS1 5.7 original motor with a cheater cam, ported intake, and throttlebody. SLP induction lid, maf sensor, and bellow. Super comp hooker headers with American thunder Flowmaster exhaust. LS6 clutch with shifter light deactivation sensor from SLP. Body has a Functional after market WS6 hood with a full Wings West Kit. Suspension has the Eibach Pros with KYB shocks. Suspension Techniques sway bars and bushings. Bmr strut brace, and UMI rear lower control arm, double adjustable panhard bar, and torque arm. Chrome 18 in Rogue rims from American Racing with BFG's Gforce KDW2's. Interior have been custom reupholstered with black leather, and red stiching with bird insignias. With one big one in the back seat which I am a 1st to do since the past 2 years. My new system consists of a new JVC dvd head unit with Ipod, bluetooth, and touchscreen features with remote. JL Audio 120 watt front and rear speakers and tweeters. 1000 watt US Amp with 2 1000 watt Kickers in the rear with a custom fiberglass removable enclosure with neon, and strobe lighting.

http://www.fquick.com/firebirdcrazy

Last edited by firebirdcrazy; 06-21-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #7
Lt1_8U

1996 trans am m6.

Hey guys my name is Jim, i purchased my trans am September 14th 2008 from long island. So far i have done some bolt on modifications to the car. I look forward to repainting the car and doing a couple more modifications to it.

Last edited by Lt1_8U; 06-21-2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: wrong photo
Old 06-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #8
dmheer08

David Heer

1989 Camaro IROC-Z 305 TPI

I purchased this car in December of 2006 with 77,000mi. Since then its undergone numerous adjustments to restore it to OEM specifications. The car was finally repainted in May of 2009. The odometer now reads 87,000 mi so its barely been drivin within the three years of owning it. Its garage kept and maintained frequently. I was a young buck that was crazy about Camaros when I first got involved with the vehicle, and three years later Camaro, and Chevy performance is still burning inside!

"Cultural Impact evokes Mullet connotations"
Old 06-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #9
NJ346
11 Second Club / I <3 LT1s

Vinnie Spatola

1999 Camaro Z28 M6

I purchased the car in January of 08 with 170K miles on it. It was stock at the time and I have made it pretty much a full bolt-on car along with UMI suspension components. I have done all of the work myself. The car was dynoed at 334 rwhp/339rwtq back in July 08 at TTP. I have since done a few more mods and would say the car is pushing 340rwhp/350rwtq now. The car has gone mid 12's at Atco. Growing up, my dad had a 68 Camaro running 10's at E-town and many other f-bodies. Unfortunately, in 07 he had a medical mishap and had to sell his 2000 Trans am because he is now paralyzed from the waste down. I bought this car and put all of my sweat and hard earned money into it to keep the f-body tradition in my family. Future plans include breaking into the 11's by the end of the Summer.

00 SS A4- LQ9/LS3/Stalled/3.42s 1.48/11.10/121 mph<-6spd swap in progress.
13 Silverado Z71- Sold 11/16
99 Z28 M6- -H/C/9in - sold 1/13
99 Silverado Z71- The DD - Sold 7/13
03 CBR 600RR - Sold 8/13

Last edited by NJ346; 06-22-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #10
xrelapse13

Dunno if voting has started yet but here it is.

Rob
2000 Trans Am WS6 M6
I bought this car last year in the beginning of May after working and saving up money for one. I bought the car with 88,000 miles on it and drove down to Virginia Beach to pick it up. Since then i have added full bolt ons along with some exterior mods. Just recently finished up full suspension and plan to do auto x/road racing. The car is my daily summer and winter and now has 111,500 miles.

2000 ws6
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia