Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance

Notices

Old 03-28-2006, 12:36 PM   #1
V
Stalker

rust repair...how? $?

Ok well i took a look at my '85 iroc today, and it needs quite a bit of attention. The rust/rot has sorta gotten to the point where its more than id like to tackle myself. Body wise, the front clip is fine, drivers door is junk but i'll be replacing the doors anyway, some rust bubbling on the a pillar. but my main concern is the 1/4 panels. There is rot behind each door, rust bubbling on the wheels wells and where the spoiler mounts. I'm guessing i'll have to replace both 1/4 panels. or at least patch most of them. Im hesitant of doing the 1/4s or even just repairing them. If i have a shop just cut out the rust and patch it(not a half ass job) how much should i expect to spend? Ina ddition to that, the drivers floor and passenger from frame needs attention.
I know most will say just strip the car and rebuild it on a solid frame/body. The reason im hesitant to do that is because my friend gave me the car under 2 conditions, i dont strip it and i dont sell it. but i know this would be different circumstances so im pretty sure he wont mind. but it was his first car, and to tear it down itd almost make me feel a lil guilty(just a little, lol) Besides. its hard to find a clean chassis.
So right now...im stuck, im not sure what to do... IF i can find a ttop body, ill probably swap everything.. cars suck
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 12:46 PM   #2
01ws6TA

old bridge collision to do about the same amount of work that ur just said urs needs to my 85 camaro cost me 2000, both quarters repaired frame rails replaced or repaired, fixed pass door and replaced fender, just a round about to give u an idea

"fords are always breaking thats why I have a chevy to tow it"
01ws6TA is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance