Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 04-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
UserName

Question fuel filter questions

Well I have a 355 4barrel on an 85 ta and I decided to turn my fuel line. From a rubber line going from the mech pump to the carb to a steel line. The problem or concern that I'm running into is I don't know if I should run it with a filter or if I should put the filter before the pump. I'm going to be runnin a 3/8th line , the carb inlet is 3/8th standard thread, and the fuel regulator is also 3/8th on the in and outlet. The pump has a 1/4 sae thread. So the problem I got is the only filter I can find reduces the line too much. And the only ones that I found were not to my liking. So I want to know the risk I would be taking running without a filter or the risk of running it before the pump thanks ahead for the advise
Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName View Post
Well I have a 355 4barrel on an 85 ta and I decided to turn my fuel line. From a rubber line going from the mech pump to the carb to a steel line. The problem or concern that I'm running into is I don't know if I should run it with a filter or if I should put the filter before the pump. I'm going to be runnin a 3/8th line , the carb inlet is 3/8th standard thread, and the fuel regulator is also 3/8th on the in and outlet. The pump has a 1/4 sae thread. So the problem I got is the only filter I can find reduces the line too much. And the only ones that I found were not to my liking. So I want to know the risk I would be taking running without a filter or the risk of running it before the pump thanks ahead for the advise
You need a filter right before the carb.

What pump are you running that needs a regulator? Holley blue?
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
UserName

Yea it came with the motor when I bought it. Its a holley pump and a holley regulator.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:10 AM   #4
UserName

does it have to be after or before the regulator

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech