Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 07:28 AM   #1
Mark42

Greetings from Southampton, NY!

Hey guys, I haven't been on the forum in a while. (like anyone noticed) Its because its BOAT (Break Out Another Thousand) Season! Woo hoo! I know I've been neglicting NJFBOA, but I just don't spend the time on the internet like when I am at home, and when I do, its on the boat forums, or email or work.

Been living out here in Southampton, NY (aka Long Island) with the family, just taking it easy. Here is yours truly (at Cedar Point) and my hard top cruiser we take all over the Peconic bays, and LI sound. A small boat, but its been heavily modified to handle heavy seas, high winds, and down pours. In fact, last season my brother and me were caught in a storm, and it was fun to watch other open boats run for shelter. I just turned on the windshield wipers! LOL!

This is the sunset from the 4th of July. We grilled steak, hot dogs and corn on the cob on the beach and watched fireworks from 5 different towns from one location that evening.

Thinking of buying a bigger motor for the boat. Right now it tops out at about 40 mph with a light load. When the water is smooth, I'd like to take it to 50 or more. What a blast! But the firebird could use some nice rims too. So what do I do? New outboard or new rims/tires? LOL!

Hate to have to go home soon. Hope this finds everyone well.

Mark

1998 Firebird Coupe
Mods: 3.73 Gears, Eaton TrueTrac, PCM Tune, LS1 Aluminum Drive Shaft, Cold Air Intake, 180 Thermostat, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, Moog LCA busings.

My Firebird Projects
: Click Here

Last edited by Mark42; 07-15-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Mark42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #2
BonzoHansen
Admin.

That is a great pic mark. Enjoy your summer.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:41 AM   #3
Fleetwiz

Nice pic...thanks for sharing....
Fleetwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #4
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

You should invest in a nice Evinrude Etec 250 HO hahaha

Hey do you know if they passed the fishing license for NY? Last I heard it was up to the towns ....
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Mercury Verado! Duuiittttt, snap that transom right off!
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #6
Mark42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97camaro View Post

Hey do you know if they passed the fishing license for NY? Last I heard it was up to the towns ....
NY did pass it, but lots of towns have started a suit against it. Should be interesting. Its $10 a head for residents, and $15 (I think) for non-residents. So far my kids are the only ones fishing, so they don't need one. But the whole idea of a salt water fishing license just pisses me off. I don't want the state to get control of the salt water like they have control of fresh water. If they do, then there will be major "restricted zones" that they have planned put into affect. That alone will keep me from boating where I want to when I want to, and do it free of charge. And I could be banned from launching in NY state because my motor is a 1985 model and does not meet current emission and noise standards for outboards. They can force me to spend $8K for a new motor just to launch.

Salt water is open water, and should not be under the jurisdiction of the stat it boarders. I fight this salt fishing license.

From what I hear from locals, its not being enforced at this time.

I will be fishing later this season, probably without a license, but I will do it from locations that are secluded and the coast guard never shows up.

1998 Firebird Coupe
Mods: 3.73 Gears, Eaton TrueTrac, PCM Tune, LS1 Aluminum Drive Shaft, Cold Air Intake, 180 Thermostat, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, Moog LCA busings.

My Firebird Projects

Last edited by Mark42; 07-15-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:32 AM   #7
Mark42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97camaro View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
Mercury Verado! Duuiittttt, snap that transom right off!
Oh yeah! The boat will be out of the water with just the prop pushing it along! LOL! Damn! Those motors are more than I have invested in the boat, trailer, motor and custom hard top!

1998 Firebird Coupe

My Firebird Projects

Last edited by Mark42; 07-15-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:25 AM   #8
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Lol that's very true, take a look at marinas that are yami or merc dealers, they usually have quite a few older outboards they took off to replace with a new one....

Older,mid 2000 yamis are not all that pricey anymore, and are ftw
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #9
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

lt1 so in the off season you can throw it in the bird
Old 07-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #10
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

im out in long island to. north shore FTW. the water has been like glass the beggining of the week, i havent been to the beach since that storm hit. but the fisihing blows over here lol so might not be for you, awesome for toobing and skiing though
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #11
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark42 View Post
NY did pass it, but lots of towns have started a suit against it. Should be interesting. Its $10 a head for residents, and $15 (I think) for non-residents. So far my kids are the only ones fishing, so they don't need one. But the whole idea of a salt water fishing license just pisses me off. I don't want the state to get control of the salt water like they have control of fresh water. If they do, then there will be major "restricted zones" that they have planned put into affect. That alone will keep me from boating where I want to when I want to, and do it free of charge. And I could be banned from launching in NY state because my motor is a 1985 model and does not meet current emission and noise standards for outboards. They can force me to spend $8K for a new motor just to launch.

Salt water is open water, and should not be under the jurisdiction of the stat it boarders. I fight this salt fishing license.

From what I hear from locals, its not being enforced at this time.

I will be fishing later this season, probably without a license, but I will do it from locations that are secluded and the coast guard never shows up.

Yeah Im totally against this whole license thing, its all about money. The state is ridiculous enough with these fishing regulations, I mean really a 21" fluke is huge and you can only keep 2 for the recreational fisherman, while baymen can keep a 14" short and I dont think they have a limit! not to mention Jersey waters is like 18" and you can keep 6 per person. The state sucks and they are doing a piss poor job thats killing recreational fishing and failing to help the fluke regain population.

Oh btw yamaha saltwater series 2 is a nice reliable 2 stroke, its what I run. Idk how much they run used, probably reasonable with 4 strokes flooding the market.
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #12
T69SS

Great sunset pic! looks like a good time

1969 Camaro SS - 350 w/ some work done.
2010 F-150
T69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #13
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Verados are quiet as hell and soooo nice. Enjoy your vacation.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:08 PM   #14
trashman01
15 Second Club

change out your prob, a buddy went from a 4 prob(forget the pitch) to a 5 prop with 10* more pitch and picked up 15mph on his 26ft 6 seater

next up - 3" lift, Gutted cat/retune/muffler

Past Toys:
1983 Trans AM, 1988 Trans AM, 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Off-Road, 1986 Camaro IROC, 1984 Chevy K10 lifted, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD
trashman01 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge