Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-29-2004, 04:30 PM   #1
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Continued Tension

hey gang,
i am sure some of you have noticed/heard about the tensions between this site and the other new jersey club.
well, things have reached a new low in terms of the relationship between that site and junstin and myself.
i would like to spend a moment clearing the air a little so that everyone understands where we stand and what we understand the position of the other board to be.

there was a confrontation a few nights ago where i got fd up enough to make a stand after she attacked a person who happens to be a member of both sites and active on both sites. after my post there were several phantom posts, one of which was erroniously blamed on tru2chevy(he did not make the post nor did it originate from his IP, but she blamed him anyway) under her false assumption justin got banned for 48hours and she publicly bashed him in another forum on her site. when justin tried to explain to cryz that it was not his action, she claimed to have evidence that it was him from doing an ip trace, adn included in taht she stated that she can tell which computer in his home the post came from(anyoen who knows anything about computers can tell you tath this is impossible. 1 modem = 1IP)

also, our web address/club name has been placed back on cryz's **** list. if anyone has njfboa in their sig or posts anywhere on the site it will read "removed" instead. if you included a link it will still work most likely, but will look odd.

it has become clear in these latest actions that tru2chevy and myself are in no way welcome on her site. her unwillingness to listen to any form of basic logic, her punishment of justin for the actions fo others and her constant need to rip what we are doing here and us individually has made it clear that we have are not welcome to participate in her forums.

we have maintained since the begining that we are trying to do thngs different than her. we have never publicly bashed cryz or her efforts. we have even gone out of our way to try to keep the peace by telling everyone to "play nice".

we will not ever ask anyone to choose one club oiver teh other, that is not our motivation. we would however like to ask that you all weigh your words carefully on both sites so as to avoid further conflict.
we will always welcome any member of either site to participate in our activities and we appreciate any advice or criticism that any of you woudl care to offer.

as always, if you like the way things are around here please tell others and let us know your ideas so that we may improve.

thanks
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 04:37 PM   #2
skorpion317

i never had any problems with her personally, but i did notice the atmosphere of "teh other club" was increasingly unfriendly. this club/site has a much better community, and is much more active.

plain and simple, i think it comes down to jealousy. she's pissed that this site is getting more attention than hers. i think we should perhaps boycott the site, as a show of solidarity for this one? just an idea...
skorpion317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 04:48 PM   #3
Squirrel
13 Second Club

Re: Continued Tension

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
there was a confrontation a few nights ago where i got fd up enough to make a stand after she attacked a person who happens to be a member of both sites and active on both sites. after my post there were several phantom posts, one of which was erroniously blamed on tru2chevy(he did not make the post nor did it originate from his IP, but she blamed him anyway) under her false assumption justin got banned for 48hours and she publicly bashed him in another forum on her site. when justin tried to explain to cryz that it was not his action, she claimed to have evidence that it was him from doing an ip trace, adn included in taht she stated that she can tell which computer in his home the post came from(anyoen who knows anything about computers can tell you tath this is impossible. 1 modem = 1IP)
he
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 04:49 PM   #4
BlueFBird

y is she crying its just a f-body site shes not losing her house. This sit is run much better and i like that all the posts are "usefull".
Old 09-29-2004, 05:01 PM   #5
skorpion317

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFBird
y is she crying its just a f-body site shes not losing her house. This sit is run much better and i like that all the posts are "usefull".
plus, this board is much more active. that place is dead except for newbies and the occaisional veteran. and yet she seems to think it's thriving.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:01 PM   #6
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

This site is run a lot better. The site management here is more willing to go out of their way to make things happen.

I haven't been active on that site for a long time actually

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:02 PM   #7
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

thanks for the support guys. i leave it up to you as individuals to decide how you would like to react to this.
justin and i thought it would be a good idea to get our position out in the open on the issues.
as far as my personal actions, i am going to put up a thread tonight on her board saying that i am leaving because of the tensions and then i will send a PM to cryz asking her to remove my account from her site. i do not wish to be included in the membership of a site that i am so clearly not welcome.

later
tim

Old 09-29-2004, 05:07 PM   #8
ShitOnWheels

I had noticed last night that all of the posts in a thread I was linked to the night before were gone (regarding a meet no less), except for her initial post.

From what I read of the thread when the posts were still present, she definately attacked the members...and with personal insults as well, not really attacking their argument. Not a place I would want to be associated with, that's for sure.
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:13 PM   #9
skorpion317

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
thanks for the support guys. i leave it up to you as individuals to decide how you would like to react to this.
justin and i thought it would be a good idea to get our position out in the open on the issues.
as far as my personal actions, i am going to put up a thread tonight on her board saying that i am leaving because of the tensions and then i will send a PM to cryz asking her to remove my account from her site. i do not wish to be included in the membership of a site that i am so clearly not welcome.

later
tim
perhaps a mass defection is in order? a whole group of us leaving might send a big message.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:21 PM   #10
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

like i said, it is entirely up to you.
i just took care of what i felt i had to do. i left a good bye thread in her lounge and sent her a PM about my account.

later
tim

Old 09-30-2004, 01:48 AM   #11
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Thanks for the support everyone, we're glad you're enjoying the site.

Also, just for the record, it has now been slightly over 52 hours after my 48 hour ban took effect, and I still have no access to her server.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 01:54 AM   #12
GrandmasterCow
12 Second Club

to be honest, i think that it's really gay on cryz's part. as a true fbody lover, i'm willing to go to both sites. it's not competition, we're not trying steal members from one site and bring them here, this is just a big hobby and we're all hobbyists. she should just accept the fact that theres another nj site, not competition, and it's just the way life is. there's all types of fbody sites, camarov.com, v6fbody.com,f-bodyhideout.com,etc... they're not complaining, they're just out there in the market and trying to get members and just have a good time, and they survive.
1999 Trans Am WS6
2000 Trans Am WS6
GrandmasterCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 07:39 AM   #13
HardcoreZ28

Hahahha the other site must not be that good cause I've never heard of it. It's not the club in North Jersey is it? The one that is mostly older cars and only does like 1 event a year?

1989 IROC-Z Media Coverage:
Chevy High Performance - Readers Rides 4/03
GM High Tech Performance - Tech Article 3/06
Chevy Rumble - Tech & Feature Articles November 2006
Auto Restorer Magazine - Feature Article 5/11
SkinAndSteel.com
HardcoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 07:47 AM   #14
skorpion317

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreZ28
Hahahha the other site must not be that good cause I've never heard of it. It's not the club in North Jersey is it? The one that is mostly older cars and only does like 1 event a year?
no, the "other site" of which we speak is www.njfbody.com. a lot of the members here are/were members there, but decided to start up this site because they were unhappy with the way NJFbody was being run.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:25 PM   #15
EVIL90SS

lol....i no think seh like me very much.... i dont know if anyone saw my posts though but they were some good shizat

EVIL90SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 05:43 PM   #16
EVIL90SS

lol....i no think seh like me very much.... i dont know if anyone saw my posts though but they were some good shizat

EVIL90SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 06:56 PM   #17
Oddball

This whole situation just makes me sad. I know little of the principal people involved and have not had the issues many have had on njfbody.

When I first found it in December I was excited to find a Jersey-based site, and since then there have been a lot of great posts.

I will continue to visit and support both sites but it is sad everything is coming to a head like this. I hope the change in leadership on the njfbody board helps and we can have two strong boards.

Daily Driver: 2011 Ford Expedition EL (4 very tall kids means suck it up for a while)
Crisis Car: 1986 Chevy Camaro IROC: 5.0L 4BBL Carb, 5-speed, T-tops, "Good afternoon officer how fast was I going" red.
Oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 07:09 PM   #18
DaytonaDan

i have no idea wuts going on, but i had made an account on that site by accident tryin to make one on this site. i was following silvertransam and the other site still says he's a moderator, ha, i guess it hasnt been updated in awhile

93 Dodge Daytona-- SOLD

05 Dodge SRT-4
DaytonaDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 07:48 PM   #19
jims69camaro

i am greatly saddened by the lack of maturity (feels like 3rd grade, ferchrissakes) and the need to ban anyone from her site. her actions prove her to be highly unstable - i'm taking into account her history (that i know about) as well as her recent actions. it's just so unnecessary.

i, as well, found that other site recently (i joined in January) and was excited to find a NJ based f-body site. the opportunity to share my interest in f-bodies with other enthusiasts, and the like. then the ****storm started, and it hasn't ceased. i cannot be a part or party to something like that. i have enough negativity in my life, i surely don't need her adding hers. note to all: she has never done anything to me, personally, but i feel it when she lashes out at someone, whoever that might be. it's so unnecessary.

calling someone a coward and not letting them respond is above and beyond what any rational person would do. it's kind of like, well, this is my party and you can come if you want to, but you have to sit in the corner and not talk to anyone else at the party. it's so unnecessary.

so, regrettably, i have decided to extricate myself from her party. she can cry if she wants to, but i won't be there to hear it. because? it's so unnecessary.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 08:34 PM   #20
Fasterthanyou

Quote:
I'm with you. Although I've been in Ohio more than NJ the past few years.
Tim, was she the 4th gen owner that helped you with the first 2 e-town East Coast F-body nats? If so, she didn't seem all that bad a couple years ago .
I'm glad to see that the Ewing crowd is being as mature as they are. Change is good .
\"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......Then, you have enough horsepower\" - Mark Donohue
Fasterthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 08:53 PM   #21
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasterthanyou
Quote:
I'm with you. Although I've been in Ohio more than NJ the past few years.
Tim, was she the 4th gen owner that helped you with the first 2 e-town East Coast F-body nats? If so, she didn't seem all that bad a couple years ago .
I'm glad to see that the Ewing crowd is being as mature as they are. Change is good .
naw completely different girl
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge