Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 08:35 AM   #26
BonzoHansen
Admin.

problem is they kind of don't, from what I have read. They passed a law in New Hope mandating only 1 bike per parking spot in an effort to push them out, but the courts threw it out.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #27
Frosty

Yeah I remember them trying to pass that law, I totally forget it was thrown out. They do bring in a lot of money but the residents are getting fed up. I don't blame them, it's a quiet area. Maybe things have changed, I haven't been there in a few years(which is odd since I'm not far from it).
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #28
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

And yet they passed a law limiting the noise from the jet-skis and waverunners on the river!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:13 AM   #29
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Yeah, they've been talking about that for years. I doubt anything meaningful will happen. At the end of the day money talks and the ******** walks. Those bikers bring a TON of $$$ into that area.
"Don't piss where you drink" on a municipal scale.

Last edited by WildBillyT; 09-21-2009 at 09:14 AM.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:53 PM   #30
HardcoreZ28

I own an obnoxiously loud bike....drag pipes with just an eye bolt as a torque cone to create some backpressure. I do it because I can get away with it and it's "cool". Pretty sure there is a decible limit and they are supposed to check it during inspection.

The majority of the noise is directed behind the bike so the loud pipes save lives justification is mostly bogus with some rare exceptions. Really I think it's kind of let go because the majority of bikes are pleasure use only and don't make up a very large percentage of the overall traffic on the road. The law has bigger problems to concern themselves with.

Granted you shouldn't be doing full throttle blasts through local neighborhoods or running your bike in your driveway late at night....but that's common sense....and most people in general don't have any.

1989 IROC-Z Media Coverage:
Chevy High Performance - Readers Rides 4/03
GM High Tech Performance - Tech Article 3/06
Chevy Rumble - Tech & Feature Articles November 2006
Auto Restorer Magazine - Feature Article 5/11
SkinAndSteel.com
HardcoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge