Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-16-2010, 08:37 AM   #26
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post

Know your limits. That's all it boils down to.
This is advice that applies to damn near everything. A lot of the people getting in trouble with this stuff don't know their limits or don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyMobile View Post
If you've never had one before, it will surely put you well beyond what you think your limit is. Thats why I think this drink is so dangerous. Not mention the amount of caffeine in the drink mixted with alcohol, Its a heart attack in a can. Its seems that people are drinking them because its the new cool thing to do unitl they wake up in the hospital the next day.
X2. Just like weight loss pills that people thought were harmless until they got heart palpitations. Just because you can buy it over the counter doesn't mean it's always safe/a good idea to abuse.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:38 AM   #27
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
I've been looking for said beer around here, cannot find it.... want to try it.
that **** aint beer!

Quote:
If you've never had one before, it will surely put you well beyond what you think your limit is. Thats why I think this drink is so dangerous. Not mention the amount of caffeine in the drink mixted with alcohol, Its a heart attack in a can. Its seems that people are drinking them because its the new cool thing to do unitl they wake up in the hospital the next day.
first time i've puked in yearsssss was from this crap. i also dove down stairs and tried to "fight" someone i had a pretty rough next day too.....****'s deff not for me
Old 11-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #28
LS1Hawk

People really need to get their priorities straight if they are going to be crossing boarders to get some stupid drink that will probably kill them.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #29
madness410

natural selection...survival of the fittest. people know about this drink and the repercussions it can cause but they drink it anyways. their choice. not my problem.
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #30
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness410 View Post
natural selection...survival of the fittest. people know about this drink and the repercussions it can cause but they drink it anyways. their choice. not my problem.
not if my repercussions end up on your carpet the morning after
Old 11-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #31
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
I've tried them before, granted I don't drink much, I knew what I was putting in my body before I drank it. Most of my housemates just get one can to drink before the party and then just casually drink beer or whatever else throughout the night. We haven't had any incidents, I think in large part because we're informed that it is a strong drink.

And I agree with you that it's not healthy at all to drink because of the caffeine in it, but neither are dozens of other drinks; (Jagerbombs, redbull & vodka, there are tons). I can't really defend the unhealthiness of the drink, other than to say other companies have been doing it for years and are still allowed to keep their products on the shelf--This one is no different.
As far as "people drinking them because it's the cool thing to do," welcome to the world. Whether it's Pokemon cards, MySpace, Sex Bracelets or FourLoko there will always be fads and people following them.

I don't think FourLoko as a company has done anything wrong. Please don't dump a bottle of Everclear or Patron into a tub of punch, drink the whole thing, then get mad at the company for producing something strong. Portion control is one of the biggest problems people have always faced, and until we stop shouting "ban!" and start teaching responsibility and self-control, this problem won't go away.

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #32
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
I've tried them before, granted I don't drink much, I knew what I was putting in my body before I drank it. Most of my housemates just get one can to drink before the party and then just casually drink beer or whatever else throughout the night. We haven't had any incidents, I think in large part because we're informed that it is a strong drink.

And I agree with you that it's not healthy at all to drink because of the caffeine in it, but neither are dozens of other drinks; (Jagerbombs, redbull & vodka, there are tons). I can't really defend the unhealthiness of the drink, other than to say other companies have been doing it for years and are still allowed to keep their products on the shelf--This one is no different.
As far as "people drinking them because it's the cool thing to do," welcome to the world. Whether it's Pokemon cards, MySpace, Sex Bracelets or FourLoko there will always be fads and people following them.

I don't think FourLoko as a company has done anything wrong. Please don't dump a bottle of Everclear or Patron into a tub of punch, drink the whole thing, then get mad at the company for producing something strong. Portion control is one of the biggest problems people have always faced, and until we stop shouting "ban!" and start teaching responsibility and self-control, this problem won't go away.

I like this guy, logic he has. Lots of stuff can kill you,why are cigerettes not illegal? Stupid knee jerk reaction by powers to be.

I know a guy who did sailor jerry bombs in 4loko,and he is still alive. Weird.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:25 PM   #33
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

jersey mike gets post of the year. i never knew so much sense could be had from teh internet, nicely done sir!

Last edited by sweetbmxrider; 11-16-2010 at 12:25 PM.
sweetbmxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #34
KirkEvil
10 Second Club

4 Loko is really not that bad. I blame the ban on stupid people abusing four loko for their first time, inexperienced with the drink. After drinking them for the first time I realized that its no joke...that stuff gets you drunk fast and then you're fired up from the caffeine to do something stupid. Keep selling it, and people will catch on that it isnt something you should be funneling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
I know a guy who did sailor jerry bombs in 4loko,and he is still alive. Weird.
^^It was delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
not if my repercussions end up on your carpet the morning after
Cleaning this up was the worst part of four loko night
KirkEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #35
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

i still owe your mom dinner hahaha
Old 11-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #36
Knipps

Start stocking up now guys

http://www.businessinsider.com/four-...da-ban-2010-11

I heard next up is wine bc it's made from grapes and kids may think it's juice. /sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:28 PM   #37
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
The FDA is, according to Schumer, is going to rule that caffeine cannot be added to alcoholic drinks.
No moaar irish coffee? Rum & coke? Jaegerbombs :fistpump: ?

Last edited by sweetbmxrider; 11-16-2010 at 07:29 PM.
sweetbmxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:33 PM   #38
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

They still never said what the ingredient was that makes you go on Facebook and post about "Four Loko" ...

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:28 PM   #39
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

pff thats just the new drunk. must. contact. social network.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #40
xrelapse13

Quote:

Exactly, there are a lot of things available to the general public that are either dangerous or easily abused. Doesn't mean that they should all be banned. You can't fix stupid, you can be an idiot with just about anything in this world. Once again though, most of the time if you're hurting yourself that's your problem, not that of the general public. Call me insensitive but if you choose to drink a bunch of four lokos to impress someone knowing full well they're strong then you deserve whatever comes to you.

The less idiots the better.

Don't ban, educate. Like Mike said, teach people to be responsible for their actions, to not always look for someone else or some other company to shun the blame to and you will have progress. Until then nothing is going to change.

2000 ws6
xrelapse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:50 PM   #41
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

That stuff is bad for you, and like BarneyMobile said, it is targeted at youth which makes it all the more cause for concern.

Firstly, this stuff is alcohol and caffeine. Alcohol makes you drunk, caffeine makes you awake? Why is that so bad? Now, if you drink this stuff and are awake, it gives you a false sense of sobriety. Do you really want a 17 year old kid driving home from a party after downing a few of these behind the wheel because he feels "awake?"

Secondly, Alcohol is a depressant, caffeine is a stimulant. The two mixed together can create irregular heart rhythms, as well as other blood and heart issues. I am not a doctor, nor have I drank this stuff before, but this, as far as I know and google can confirm, is common knowledge.

I didn't know about this stuff's existence until I saw it on the news today or yesterday. It blows my mind that people would do this to their bodies. Not that alcohol is all that healthy in itself, but what happened to just kicking back and having drinks with your friends? Why do we insist on a dangerous mix just because it gets you drunk quicker? Anything that makes you drunk quicker can only lead to one thing: vomit.

Edit: and to those of you that suggest education, what do you propose we do now? Or to those who don't listen? You can say that the problem will persist, but if a ban could save a few lives, and the problem will persist anyway, then why not?

Last edited by qwikz28; 11-16-2010 at 10:53 PM.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #42
Knipps

17 year old who thinks he can drink and drive 1. shouldn't be drinking and 2. shouldn't be driving after 11pm (I think it is now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:01 AM   #43
V
Stalker

I have no desire to try 4 loko. I like everclear and soco.

If ya wanna get drunk, come to one of my parties and let me make u a shot.

Wasn't it Al and north Tim who had issues after my shot "I see dead people"?.... Al found a bed for the night and passed out and tim came inside covered in blood and had no memory what happened. the 3rd person couldn't stomach it at all. I had 2 plus several other real shots, and was fine. Gosh, I was an alcoholic.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:25 AM   #44
xrelapse13

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
I have no desire to try 4 loko. I like everclear and soco.

If ya wanna get drunk, come to one of my parties and let me make u a shot.

Wasn't it Al and north Tim who had issues after my shot "I see dead people"?.... Al found a bed for the night and passed out and tim came inside covered in blood and had no memory what happened. the 3rd person couldn't stomach it at all. I had 2 plus several other real shots, and was fine. Gosh, I was an alcoholic.
That sounds like a good night.

2000 ws6
xrelapse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:14 AM   #45
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
TDo you really want a 17 year old kid driving home from a party after downing a few of these behind the wheel because he feels "awake?"
What is a 17yr old doing drinking in the first place? What's the difference if said driver is 17 or 35? The fact is they were drinking and driving, it wouldn't matter if it was this drink or a few shots of Jack.

Everyone needs to calm down, the drink isn't good for you but neither is alcohol in general unless it's moderation....that's always the key word. People think they're big tough because they can down a 5th of Jack or drink 15 beers in a night....then they wonder why they have health problems or can't remember what they did the night before.

If people can't understand the ingredients or know their limits then they get what they deserve. I know that sounds heartless but no one is responsible for their damn actions any more and it's sickening.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:24 AM   #46
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

The stupid drink is obviously a dangerous combination, that's why it's being banned. Anybody can combine their own ingredients to make something similar but that means you are actually mixing it yourself. This stuff is already mixed and you have no control over the ratio of the ingredients. You can't compare Red Bull and Vodka to 4 Loko. heck, the stupid "energy" drinks should be banned as well, there's nothing beneficial to putting that much caffeine into your system all at one time.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #47
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post
The stupid drink is obviously a dangerous combination, that's why it's being banned. Anybody can combine their own ingredients to make something similar but that means you are actually mixing it yourself. This stuff is already mixed and you have no control over the ratio of the ingredients. You can't compare Red Bull and Vodka to 4 Loko. heck, the stupid "energy" drinks should be banned as well, there's nothing beneficial to putting that much caffeine into your system all at one time.
But since when is it the government's job to dictate to me what is healthy for me and what I can and cannot ingest?

Why have cigarettes not been banned?

$$$$$$$$$$$$
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #48
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

you mean the FDA? It has long been determined that out of public policy it is good for the government to step in and protect the people.

The reason why cigarettes weren't banned is because the same reason of what happened with the prohibition. The people would revolt. Now, they just decided to tax the heck out of it make money and discourage its use. A ban wouldn't work this late in the game.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #49
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
But since when is it the government's job to dictate to me what is healthy for me and what I can and cannot ingest?

Why have cigarettes not been banned?

$$$$$$$$$$$$
The government can't make stupidity illegal. But if banning it means not spending taxpayer money to clean up some dumbass kid's dead carcass, then I'm all for it. Stupid people don't need help to be more stupid. And I consider ingorance of ingestion to be stupidity. To Jake's point, the FDA is around to help protect us from dangerous substances.

If you are young and want to be dumb, go ahead. Just don't take money from my pocket, directly or not. Cigarettes aren't banned because of how entwined the companies are with other businesses. Kind of like a big tumor intertwined around your spinal column.

I am surprised that you even blink at this, Matt. Seeing as how your other hobby is regulated like this all of the time.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:08 AM   #50
79T/A

Quote:
What is a 17yr old doing drinking in the first place?
Yeah, that's what I say every time I have to deal with another drunk kid. Amazingly, most of them are late middle schoolers (8th graders) and young high schoolers (Freshmen and sophs). Fact is, as stated earlier, Loko is the newest fad and these idiot kids are drinking it as fast as they can illegally obtain it (And posting pics of themselves in various states of consciousness on Facebook) in the name of being cool. I hate the stuff just based on the fact that they love it and abuse it, but it's no easier to obtain than any other alcoholic beverage, and somehow someone invariably manages to get booze, whether through fake IDs or conning an adult into buying it. So banning it isn't going to solve the problem of drunk teens. I personally wouldn't touch the stuff (I'm a J.D. guy myself), but I don't think it has to be taken away from reasonable adults who want to imbibe (Although I question their reasonableness if they really want this p***water).

Very well put, Jersey Mike.
79T/A is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge