Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #26
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
We were passing well, I'm glad to see that, instead of dumping and chasing. To me that tells me we had the ingrediants going right with the team, we just need to get the right amount of each ingrediant. A goalie is what we needed most, and I;m sorry, but the Richards trade is redunckulously stupid to of pulled. Sometimes you don't need an all- star out there for a captain, you just need one that can communicate.

I still don't understand how the Flyers bottom fell out at the end there, I can only speculate they were burned out from pushing to the top in the beginnning and middle of the season.
I actually thought they were trying to pass too much and nobody wanted to take the shot. And all season long they were barely winning games by 1 goal which I knew wasn't going to cut it in the playoffs. But I thought I heard they were doing double practices and it looked like that killed their momentum during the season and they never recovered.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #27
Blacdout96

They didn't want to take a shot when they were on a power play and instead decided to play hot potatoe, THAT did burn me to the point where my wife would have to leave the living room from me verbally abusing the tv

they could get up to the net, but then decide to try a trick play that 90% didn't work, just shoot the ****ing thing, at least if you pressure the goalie and look for the rebound you have a better chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 06-24-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #28
band77one
15 Second Club

ilya wanted a long term deal. so we gave him one to get him signed. im sorry are you guys forgetting that mike richards was 3 years into what a 12 year deal? and carter just finished up his first year in an 11 year deal? long term deals dont mean **** in this league and they just showed it, twice. you need a goaltender to come in, help bobs, communicate with him, we didn't have that in any capacity whatsoever. and jeff carter has been dead weight for 2 1/2 seasons so good riddance, enjoy ohio. The richards deal irked me, its still irking me because all they had to do was take away his captaincy and i would bet my car you'd get the player from 05-07 back in a heartbeat.
band77one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #29
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by band77one View Post
ilya wanted a long term deal. so we gave him one to get him signed. im sorry are you guys forgetting that mike richards was 3 years into what a 12 year deal? and carter just finished up his first year in an 11 year deal? long term deals dont mean **** in this league and they just showed it, twice. you need a goaltender to come in, help bobs, communicate with him, we didn't have that in any capacity whatsoever. and jeff carter has been dead weight for 2 1/2 seasons so good riddance, enjoy ohio. The richards deal irked me, its still irking me because all they had to do was take away his captaincy and i would bet my car you'd get the player from 05-07 back in a heartbeat.
I hope your right.. To be 2 wins away from a Stanley cup 2 years ago and to say we are a Goal tender away from winning the cup then trade our cornerstone in Carter and Richards who have provided the most points, goals, SH goals on the team makes me a little uneasy. This goalie we picked up is not proven in the playoffs.

You are also forgetting that both of those players are in the early-mid 20's.. Makes sense for a team to pick up the remaining 10 yrs on a player that is only 23-24yrs old then to pick up the remaining 6 yrs on a player that is 35yrs old..
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:00 PM   #30
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
Makes sense for a team to pick up the remaining 10 yrs on a player that is only 23-24yrs old then to pick up the remaining 6 yrs on a player that is 35yrs old..
:cough: Chechmanek :cough cough:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 06-25-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #31
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
:cough: Chechmanek :cough cough:
What happend with that?? I wasnt around for those years as I was stationed pretty much in the Persian Gulf from 00-04. The only thing I saw Flyers wise was from ESPN..
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #32
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
I hope your right.. To be 2 wins away from a Stanley cup 2 years ago and to say we are a Goal tender away from winning the cup then trade our cornerstone in Carter and Richards who have provided the most points, goals, SH goals on the team makes me a little uneasy. This goalie we picked up is not proven in the playoffs.

You are also forgetting that both of those players are in the early-mid 20's.. Makes sense for a team to pick up the remaining 10 yrs on a player that is only 23-24yrs old then to pick up the remaining 6 yrs on a player that is 35yrs old..
Jesus Christ, it's gonna snow since we agree on something hockey related.

I hope this all proves me wrong, right now, today the Flyers are not a better team on paper. I'm completely disgusted at this point.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #33
band77one
15 Second Club

how they look on paper doesnt matter, they never live up to the paper expectations. well, they havent won a cup in over 30 years so in that whole time they havent lived up to expectations!
Old 06-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #34
Frosty

Thanks for proving my point.

They're a worse team now then they were 3 days ago.

Now, if they make some big signings when free agency starts next Friday then I'll change my tune...but right now they're worse off then they were.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 06-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #35
band77one
15 Second Club

clarke thinks the team is better after the moves, and i took this right from the NHL.com site because of the goaltender line he said. "I think that both (Claude) Giroux and (James van Riemsdyk) really came through last year and will be expected to pick up what we lost in Carter and Richards," Clarke admitted. "The face of the club changed so the whole team will be different. Our goaltending will be different with the two Russians." if they keep bobs, i mean ya never know, i promise i wont come back saying told ya so =D . and the kid they took in the draft, hes a monster. he's gonna be one hell of a player
Old 06-25-2011, 05:33 PM   #36
Frosty

You really care about what Clarke says? This is the guy that said we DON'T need a stud goalie to win a cup. Do you think he's going to come out and say I don't agree with what Mr. Snider wants to do? C'mon lol

Old 06-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #37
band77one
15 Second Club

well clarke saying they dont need a stud goalie everyone knows was bs, you really think upper management is gonna come out and say our goalies arent stud goalies ? that'd be career suicide lol. not to mention piss off whoever at the time the goalies are. its their job to back the team even if they know the team sucks, (islanders/panthers haha)

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge