Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-27-2009, 01:15 AM   #76
BobonaStick
15 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness410 View Post
maybe they have speed bumps in that area not for kids but maybe there is a history of street racing on that particular road or a bunch of families of deer in those woods
There are actually areas that have speed bumps that were put in due to a kid who hit a pole around here from street racing. Yes they are annoying, from the point of view of both a career driver and emergency responder, but they are worth it.
2003 International 4300 - DT466 A5, Jerrdan 21' Rollback, Shiny Simulators.. Bling Bling Rattle Box
- iLLmINDED oNE -
BobonaStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:47 AM   #77
Formulalt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobonaStick View Post
There are actually areas that have speed bumps that were put in due to a kid who hit a pole around here from street racing. Yes they are annoying, from the point of view of both a career driver and emergency responder, but they are worth it.
OK, so anyplace that people have street raced should have speed bumps?. Good to know, I guess we will be getting speed bumps and a 15MPH limit on highways. I think (as in just my opinion)the general public has become very narrow minded and brainwashed.

If you live in a residential area and do not let your child know to not play by the street or better yet go in the street, you are unfit to be a parent. If said child goes in the street not listening to you (as kids do sometimes) and gets hit its tragic and hopefully no matter how fast the vehicle is traveling (cause we all know that kids live in area's that have all kinds of speed limits) it will leave enough reaction time to not cause any serious injury.

You see one case of whatever it may be (drunk driving, street racing, person hitting someone while talking on a cell phone, guy speeding in a school zone) and its automatically something needs to be done about this and things go overboard. Schools have bus drivers, crossing guards, lunch aides and so on and so on to make sure your kids are protected both in school and on there way home. If your young child wonders out into the street on the schools watch its cause someone isn't doing there job. Ok, I am done with this thread but unless you guys want to live in a country that treats you like a cash monkey that has no rights, some of your thinking needs to change. Peace
Old 05-27-2009, 01:53 AM   #78
BobonaStick
15 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulalt1 View Post
OK, so anyplace that people have street raced should have speed bumps?. Good to know, I guess we will be getting speed bumps and a 15MPH limit on highways. I think (as in just my opinion)the general public has become very narrow minded and brainwashed.

If you live in a residential area and do not let your child know to not play by the street or better yet go in the street, you are unfit to be a parent. If said child goes in the street not listening to you (as kids do sometimes) and gets hit its tragic and hopefully no matter how fast the vehicle is traveling (cause we all know that kids live in area's that have all kinds of speed limits) it will leave enough reaction time to not cause any serious injury.

You see one case of whatever it may be (drunk driving, street racing, person hitting someone while talking on a cell phone, guy speeding in a school zone) and its automatically something needs to be done about this and things go overboard. Schools have bus drivers, crossing guards, lunch aides and so on and so on to make sure your kids are protected both in school and on there way home. If your young child wonders out into the street on the schools watch its cause someone isn't doing there job. Ok, I am done with this thread but unless you guys want to live in a country that treats you like a cash monkey that has no rights, some of your thinking needs to change. Peace

I wasn't attacking you for your opinion, actually I was going to agree with the fact that there aren't enough smart people to do the right thing without the government holding there hands and making the world idiot safe
2003 International 4300 - DT466 A5, Jerrdan 21' Rollback, Shiny Simulators.. Bling Bling Rattle Box
- iLLmINDED oNE -
BobonaStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:01 AM   #79
Formulalt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobonaStick View Post
I wasn't attacking you for your opinion, actually I was going to agree with the fact that there aren't enough smart people to do the right thing without the government holding there hands and making the world idiot safe
Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant then. My bad .

Last edited by Formulalt1; 05-27-2009 at 02:07 AM.
Formulalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:29 AM   #80
alamantia

All i did was ask who else got a ticket
alamantia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:38 AM   #81
69RSZ

I dont wear a seatbelt.But then when I think about it if something shoud happen and I get severly injured and knocked out during a accident and the cop does find me without a seatbelt on he will put that on the report right? So the insurance company might say I was negligent and 50% of my hospital bill I shoud be responable for because i wasnt wearing my seatbelt!! Maybe that can happen if the accident isnt your fault and your sueing for injuries but the lawers for the other side say your injuries are your fault because you werent wearing your seatbelt? So even though my client went thru a red light you cant get any pain and suffering compansation moneys because you werent wearing a seatbelt!! I do agree its a revenue thing and its just another way for the JACK-BOOTED THUGS (cops) to stop you to see what else they can find and invade your privacy but a seatbelt can save your life also.I dont like checkpoints or what I call NAZI ROADBLOCKS but its their ball and we got to play by their rules.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #82
91chevywt

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamantia View Post
I did this time last year...same deal I suppose. Putting my seat belt on as I was leaving a Burger King (got sick afterwards) the cop saw me and wouldn't cut me a break, because I didn't have it on right when my tires hit the road. It was a State Trooper if that means anything.

Last edited by 91chevywt; 05-27-2009 at 09:55 AM.
91chevywt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #83
karr95

I saw a few cops standing around at lights, I guess waiting to bag people.

This law is all about revenue. If it were up to me, if you are over 18 you shouldn't have to wear a seatbelt or helmet for a motorcycle, make it your choice. Population control
Old 05-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #84
dan

i've been in 4 accidents which totalled vehicles, 1 was a rollover, 1 was a near rollover, and the other 2 were incidents where another vehicle F'd mine up royally
not one was i ever wearing a seatbelt..i do not and will not wear a seatbelt..thats MY business..if i get hurt, i deal with the consequences
every time the police asked "were you wearing your seatbelt" and i of course lied through my teeth and said yes..and every time ..predictable as could be they proceeded to tell me how lucky i was that i did wear it bc i would have been seriously hurt blah blah if i hadn't been buckled in.....
the only time a seatbelt goes on me is if i see lights in my rear view..
dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:03 PM   #85
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
i do not and will not wear a seatbelt..thats MY business..if i get hurt, i deal with the consequences
And that's where you are wrong. If you get hurt, all of the taxpayers in your area have to pay.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:05 PM   #86
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
And that's where you are wrong. If you get hurt, all of the taxpayers in your area have to pay.
And policy holders.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:10 PM   #87
dan

i pay taxes and insurance too...as i said..my business
Old 05-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #88
WildBillyT

Quote:
i pay taxes and insurance too...as i said..my business
And that's where you are wrong. If you are in a wreck, and get messed up "extra" for not wearing your belt then the materials, team of people, and all other things used to patch you up or save your ass come out of taxpayer money. As far as insurance, they don't have a magical money tree either- all the money used to pay your "extra" medical bills comes from other policy holder's pockets. What you pay in taxes and insurance premiums does not even come close to the amount that is paid out on your behalf.

Go ahead and do what you wish as far as wearing your belt is concerned. Your decision, not mine. But you should get your facts straight about who suffers based on your decision.

Last edited by WildBillyT; 05-27-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #89
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamantia View Post
this is nj debating f-body owner's association. derr
Old 05-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #90
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

about 2 years ago my cousin was involved in a serious accident. ford explorer on the highway doin about 65 missed the exit but still tried to take the turn resulting in a rollover. she was in the passenger seat, next to the driver with 3 friends in the back. all but the two guys siting behind her (on the sides) were wearing a seatbelt. and wouldnt you know it the two guys behind her were ejected out of the windows, one was beheaded right there. the driver, my cousin, and the other passenger (in the middle of the bench) all survived despite some broken bones and cuts.

point being seatbelts do save lives, maybe you may get lucky in some previous accidents, but all it takes is a minor misjudgement like that and your gone (and maybe your passengers as well).
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #91
dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
And that's where you are wrong. If you are in a wreck, and get messed up "extra" for not wearing your belt then the materials, team of people, and all other things used to patch you up or save your ass come out of taxpayer money. As far as insurance, they don't have a magical money tree either- all the money used to pay your "extra" medical bills comes from other policy holder's pockets. What you pay in taxes and insurance premiums does not even come close to the amount that is paid out on your behalf.

Go ahead and do what you wish as far as wearing your belt is concerned. Your decision, not mine. But you should get your facts straight about who suffers based on your decision.
actually the insurance company DOES have a money tree...ME, i've been paying in...way more then i should for the 10 yrs i've been driving..i've only once ever gotten anything back and that was a meager $1000 when my car was hit by a deer
only one of the accidents i've been in were in any way my fault..and that one wasn't even really bc it was mechanical failure w/in the vehicle....so i think my insurance company would owe me anyway...
and like i said..i pay taxes as well..so i have as much right to the services that they are used to pay for as anyone else
Old 05-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #92
NastyEllEssWon

it really boils down to the fact of IF YOU HAVE KIDS OR NOT. i used to hate 25 mph speed limits and wonder whats the difference. 10 years later, with a 6 year old boy i see the need for these streets.

the reason some towns such as Allentown NJ has 25 mph speed limits in their whole town is because their whole town is residential. if you see houses on each side of you...then your gonna be that its gonna be a low speed limit.

Quote:
formula

If you live in a residential area and do not let your child know to not play by the street or better yet go in the street, you are unfit to be a parent. If said child goes in the street not listening to you (as kids do sometimes) and gets hit its tragic

thats the most disgusting post ive seen you make in this whole thread. Do you think a parent wants their child to run into the street and get hit by a car? No. Kids play. They play in their front yards...they play touch football in the streets. they have basketball hoops on the curbs and skateboards on the sidewalks....accidents happen.

if you say that you never played in the streets then your a liar
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #93
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Insurance is not a dollar-for-dollar deal. I know some think that way and that is why they make $1500 claims on homeowner policies and then wonder why they got non-renewed. In a nutshell, the premise of insurance is we all throw a few bucks in the pot and if anyone needs it the funds are there for them if something big arises. Problem is if the amount needed in the pot goes up we all have to pay more. Thus your decision takes my money and therefore no longer just your business.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 05-27-2009, 01:53 PM   #94
dan

i never said it was dollar for dollar, however i've been paying in and if/when the time should come that i need to withdraw..being as i was forced to throw my money into the pot..and it definitely wasn't voluntary..i dont feel bad in the slightest about making a withdrawal if it were necessary
Old 05-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #95
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

nasty, didn't you just recently get pulled over for spirited driving? speak from actions my friend
Old 05-27-2009, 02:02 PM   #96
mc73nova

Quote:
i never said it was dollar for dollar, however i've been paying in and if/when the time should come that i need to withdraw..being as i was forced to throw my money into the pot..and it definitely wasn't voluntary..i dont feel bad in the slightest about making a withdrawal if it were necessary
It doesnt matter what you say, they will always have a response and in their eyes it will be the correct one. Good luck.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually Cummins
mc73nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #97
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
I totally agree, it is there to w/d when needed. You should use it as it is intended, I certainly would. The point BIlly & I were making is when people decide not to use belts it impacts more than just the person not wearing the belt. It makes that pot you are forced to throw $ into bigger.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #98
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
nasty, didn't you just recently get pulled over for spirited driving? speak from actions my friend

in a 60 mph highway zone with no traffic

edit: if your gonna play...know where to play

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 05-27-2009 at 02:30 PM.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #99
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
edit: if your gonna play...know where to play
Let us know when you figure that out.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #100
WildBillyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
I totally agree, it is there to w/d when needed. You should use it as it is intended, I certainly would. The point BIlly & I were making is when people decide not to use belts it impacts more than just the person not wearing the belt. It makes that pot you are forced to throw $ into bigger.
Yeah, that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Not looking to cruicify anybody, just throwing some facts out.

As an example, if somebody with basic coverage has a kid who is not wearing their belt gets into a nasty accident and the kid is in a coma, who pays the massive medical expenses? You and I do, one way or the other. If the kid were to belt up and the expenses were 1/2 of what they would be without the belt, then that's good for everyone involved.

Last edited by WildBillyT; 05-27-2009 at 02:58 PM.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge